Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

the listed howfixes here are specific to XP (atleas tmost, but not all).

The instructions on the unattended.msfn.org website apply to XP/2003 but still works in 2K.

I would recommend XPCreate for ease. greenmachine.msfnhosting.com

RaveRod, you didn't by any chance mean that the Q832483.exe file should be in the UPDATE directory instead of the SVCPACK directory hey? I got it to work using the method you told me, but only by putting the above mentioned file in the i386/Update directory.

Anyway, thanks for you help.

Fernando.

(One?) new update for today:

Download Link

Security Update for Windows XP (KB840374)

Download size: 854 KB, < 1 minute

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Windows and gain complete control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Read more...

----------

[edit: the second link was indeed an update from Feb 10th, and somehow didn't get slipstreamed into my test cd. Oops].

Edited by Virindi

1 new Windows XP Update today: Q840374 - Vulnerability in Help and Support Center Could Allow Remote Code Execution. You may also want to re-download Q837001, as it's been re-released.

Here's the latest copy of my svcpack.inf file for anyone interested. You may have noticed I changed Q to KB. This makes no difference, but all patches released lately are in 'KB' but still adheres to the 8 character limit :)

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
JS56NEN.exe /Q:A /R:N
mdac.cmd
KB823182.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB824105.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB824141.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB825119.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB826939.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB828035.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB828741.exe /Q /N /Z /O
KB832894.exe /Q:A /R:N
KB831167.exe /Q:A /R:N