Start Menu In Windows XP - Help Needed!

Hudson's Pops

While trying to get my system rebuilt from a recent virus disaster, I have been unable to get my start menu in working order.

For the longest time, the Start>All Programs would not display anything. I finally got it to work (sort of), but now it displays programs from both my Documents and Settings/(user) account and the Documents and Settings/all users account. All of the start menu program folders are displayed twice when Start>All Programs is displayed.

Somehow, a copy of the Start menu programs wound up in a TEMP folder in My Documents. When I looked at the aida32 profile, the Programs menu in the System Folders looked like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\TEMP\Start Menu\Programs

This is how one of the other folders is displayed:

Administrative Tools C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\My Documents\TEMP\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools

The path that is currently displayed on Start>All Programs looks like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\(user)\Start Menu\Start Menu\Programs

and then:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

I would like to get All Programs to display this path only:

C:\Documents and Settings\(user)\Start Menu\Programs

I also need to get the Administrative Tools folder moved to the user menu. I have tried to cut and paste, but then I lose the All Programs display. I can re-do the User accounts or change the folder paths if necessary, but I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me how to do this.

Thanks very much for any help. Let me know if further info is needed.

:blushing: