WPI Dont work

I installed WPI 5.6 all is ok but when i try to install an application nothing happen the windows close and it return to the desktop. I had version 4.3.5 before and it was working #1 but i need to update coz of fu&*$ IE7. I use WPI for my job and i dont have choice to get it working with IE6 and IE7.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this problem ?

The address of the apps is correct i verify it 2 times to be sure and for other information i start wpi.hta directly i only decompressed the file from the zip file and after execute wpi.hta and load my config file from my last version. When i saw that it doesnt work i reload the default config and add a new apps named TEST.

I dont use WPI with a CD i put the file on my computer and use it by the network but actually i cant even start it on my own computer. I can zip the file but you will get the same file that we can download coz i only unzip the file from the zip and run WPI.HTA.

well either way youll have a layout wether its run from cd or system, so you need to post that as well as your config.js we dont need anything else , so no need to zip,, if you cant do that ,, then we may never be able to help you

Edited by Lost Soul

I used this config file. The problem is only that nothing happen when i click on Begin install after i selected the apps i want to install.

judging from this its your addresses

%wpipath% should be used

ill use this as an example heres a portion of your config

pn=1;
prog[pn]=['3D Mark 2001'];
uid[pn]=['3DMARK2001'];
dflt[pn]=['no'];
cat[pn]=['Applications'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
cmd1[pn]=['"Z:\\logiciels\\benchmark\\i2001.exe"'];
pn++;

if youve renamed the wpi folder to logiciels and your running this from the systtem it should read like this

get rid of the quotes and change the drive letter to %wpipath%

pn=1;
prog[pn]=['3D Mark 2001'];
uid[pn]=['3DMARK2001'];
dflt[pn]=['no'];
cat[pn]=['Applications'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
cmd1[pn]=['%wpipath%\\logiciels\\benchmark\\i2001.exe'];
pn++;

and the next problem that ive noticed in your cinfig is ill use this as an example

prog[pn]=['DVD Shrink 3.2 Fr'];
uid[pn]=['DVDSH'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
cat[pn]=['Graveur CD & DVD'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
cmd1[pn]=['"z:\\logiciels\\dvd shrink\\install.bat"'];
pn++;

you cant have spaces in your address, it throws the application off and makes the app unfindable there for it wont install.. you have a space inbetween the words "dvd and shrink"

-

there ya go give thata try and see if it works for you

I didnt modify the config at all i will begin to get the Test Apps to work and after modify all the other apps.

I use the WPI on a network and use a .bat script to mount the drive on letter Z: thats why all apps have Z: in front of the path.

Just take a look on apps name Test its the one im trying to get working.

• 1 month later...