XP Display - No Effects

XP dOgg

With XP you get the Effects, which is in the display tab.

For some reason, I can press this button 2000 times and nothing will happen. Last thing I did before it happened was Changing the windows software list, unhiding it so you can remove some components.

Anyone have Ideas on how to get the effects back?

Do you think XP Plus! could of done the trick?

I can't really figure it out, it doesnt really bother me, but you know what its like when theres a problem and you just want to know how to fix the **** thing! :)

I dont think nor have I heard of this happening with XP Plus, altho I tell everyone to stay away from Plus. Its sucks....plain and simple. We tried everything with his machine to fix it. Replaceing files ect ect....but couldnt get it back. In the end he just formatted for other reason and all is fine now.Maybe someone else might have a solution.

-XPerties

Last thing I did before it happened was Changing the windows software list, unhiding it so you can remove some components. [/quote:b00e4ff38e]

This kind of begs the question. Did you "remove some components" after you edited the sysoc.inf file? If so, what was removed? I guess you could scrounge around to see if a removed component (if there is one) might be responsible. If so, however, I'd expect you to see other anomalies in the user interface.

- Collin

If this is simply a matter of missing components you will almost certainly be able to get all the functions back by performing a repair install of the OS. Won't blow away your data or installed software, though performing a backup first is never a bad idea. Hope you get the "effects" back!

- Collin

I started getting too many little problems that got annoying. When i'd connect to the net it wouldnt tell me what speed in the nice little pop-up.

Formatted today and edited the start button,progress bar and flashing taskbar buttons to blue. Looks much nicer i must say.