MEDIC - PAUL - AARON

I have some good news for the lot. On the slipstream and DX9/NET etc

But I'll be passing it along to you. We'll get it together. But a quasi SP2 is a lot more possible now than the coming summer.

Side note:I got a tap on the shoulder about my activities here lately.

Which means I'm not the only one from redmond here. Be extremely judicious about some of the activation and warez talk in the threads, Aaron, just good advice.

But apparently, they're only watching and not terribly thrilled with some of the help and insight into some of the more vague mechanisms (particularly .NET) I've been giving. Go figure, until I'm being paid hourly for my free time.

They can keep watching and tap all they like. :)

talk to you soon

I have some good news for the lot. On the slipstream and DX9/NET etc

But I'll be passing it along to you. We'll get it together. But a quasi SP2 is a lot more possible now than the coming summer.

Side note:I got a tap on the shoulder about my activities here lately.

Which means I'm not the only one from redmond here. Be extremely judicious about some of the activation and warez talk in the threads, Aaron, just good advice.

But apparently, they're only watching and not terribly thrilled with some of the help and insight into some of the more vague mechanisms (particularly .NET) I've been giving. Go figure, until I'm being paid hourly for my free time.

They can keep watching  and tap all they like. :rolleyes:

talk to you soon

So you are saying that Microsoft are p*** of becuase we no how to chnage they operating system to the way we like.

:)

I don't think MS have ever been happy about this combined level of knowalge - Part of xp's secuity is its complexaty. (spelling)

Good news about the slipstreaming though.

Spheris - I noticed you deleted your comments in another thread :) and presummed as much.

Thanks for your support.

Not at all, just that some of the mechanisms that are being discussed (alteration of .net to slipstream and that lot) are out of spec and was gently reminded that those things are not covered in support calls, which sometimes they turn into when people try these things without really having a clear idea.

The rest is just rumbling to the effect, don't you have better things to do :)

I do, but really enjoy watching all this and bringing some of those ideas back to the table here. I see it as a sort of GPL type experiment/collaboration and those always are good

everything discussed here so far (barring warez) IS in bounds

slipstreaming

integration scripts

the documentations used and their references

the infs (although medic and I need to talk about the tags he's modifying them with as they are lifted from some of the internal infs) not a big problem but say if he issues a client a custom disc, he would have some liability in the alteration of code for distribution aftermarket.

dx9 is questionable as it uses a hacked setup

I'll get you the proper OPK installer today

.net was questionable but I did impress that it is an internal intitiative and this sort of thing only will help drive its adoption among the "working" IT community. so that gets the worriers off the back for a time.

the svcpack method is documented and not restricted for copy and usage so no foul there.

Aaron, 99% of everything here is perfectly good, only the dx and medic and I noodling with slipping the net runtime was iffy.

You keep rolling, I'll get you the missing dx component, it is an opk item. But that's easy enough to make a workaround that keeps everyone happy and above board.

ok thanks for the heads up. I'm not really trying to mess with anything iffy and as for my own tuff I do have access to others who love warez and the like but I jsut tell them i cant do that. Nice to know a few of the other things I was thinking about have not caused an issue.

As for .net and dx9 I guess I can see the issues here also as this of course is not the way they would like to properly suport it and are worried about getting support calls for things that are not done according to spec.

I think at this time the only thing I'm really doing to change things from default though is a custom theme on my desktop and turing quicklinks on by default. The rest is rather standard stuff.

I will be carefull to not go over the line and I dont like warez.