2 systems on 1 machine

thern

i try to figure it out how to install 2 windows xp systems on 1 machine

i have 2 disks 1.SATA160 2.SATA80

the problem is i want to install it but i dont want that systems will see each other - will be independent of each other... i need 2 systems, one to work, second to games...

what i done till now:

1. i had installed wxp on SATA160 (part1=20gb,ntfs,primary) - installed windows takes about 6gb space on partition - so i want to have another "same" system on other drive on same machine.. so i tried to clone this partition to SATA80

SATA160 - first channel

SATA80 - second channel

sometimes i disconnects SATA160 to try boot from SATA80 without eny other OS in machine...

my experiences with this was horrible...

i use part244 (ranish) because its light, easy and free... btw. eny other soft i tried (nortonpartitionamagic,acronis,ghost etc) acts same to ranish...

- so.. i make 10gb partition on SATA80(ntfs,primary)

- try to "copy" part1(20gb) from SATA160 to part1(10gb) SATA80 - WARNING the partition was not same size - i ignored this, couse on fat32 and win98 everytime with use of example ghost works fine.. if data on src part wasn't bigger than size of target part... of course. i also copy MBR from SATA160 to SATA80

- well ranish copies this partition but i couldn't boot from this SATA80 disk even after i fixmbr and fixboot from RecoveryConsole...

- next test was copy same src partition to empty SATA80, no luch either....

- then i copies entire SATA160 to SATA80 and... i had luck! but not completely....

ranish copies first part with system but no extended(logical)... he says "no space left", so i wasn't worry much because i wasnt need them... only first part... i could boot from SATA80 to winxp ;) but without SATA160 which is my "master" drive... SATA80 is only to store data and to travel with them...

so i connect SATA160 together with SATA80, boot from first channel (SATA160) to windows, ok.... but when i want to boot to SATA80 system again (with connected or disconnected SATA160) it loops with message like this: "logging to system..." then "unlogging from system...", and on and on....

i think that when i go to system on SATA160 he sow another and smth with him so I can't login... :(

i found that when i hide one system part from other, systems work fine.. i could even make "grub" boot manager which can hide other partition when boot to another, but i dont have acccess to this hidden partitions enyway.... this sucks!

so my question is: is there any chance to have both system work without installing them from begining so they will not affect to each other anyhow....

btw. sorry for my bad english

btw2. i tried also ghost this partitions but you must have exactly same sized destination partition like source, but how to do that if i have for example other logical partitions on destination disk... am I wrong?