Internet Radio

nitroshift

currently listening to http://powerhitz.com/ ..

screamer.exe

memory: 17.5mb

vm size: 10mb

light? hell, no

foobar2000 can do the same with no more than 10 megs..

How much RAM do you have? @ 1GB, even 20MB isn't much. Unused RAM = waste of money :P

so u wna have ur ram maxed out all of the time? lol

my 2gigs definetly comes in handy with vista taking 700mb plus games now taking well over 1gig. i almost need more ram... :whistle:

ram is supposed to be used and i agree with that.. but used reasonably.. what's the sense of using poorly written programs to stuff up my memory with s***? i have enough memory (1.5 gigs) but i prefer to run light programs anyway.. those 10 megs more can be put to some useful purpose - like vista's superfetch, or something like that.. anyways, i prefer to listen all my music from foobar2000.. what's the purpose of having different programs for that.. :) well, it has some "one-may-find-useful" features..

Foobar seems very difficult to setup to get the way you want it. Sure... it's got all the configurations you'd like, but it takes a lot of time to get it that way (if you don't know what you're doing).

For me - Winamp is taking a whole 15MB of RAM... that's 5MB more than Foobar, and it took me zero time to configure. Not to mention that my entire media library is loaded as well, meaning I can search my 30-ish GB of music instantly. :yes:

@nitroshift - thanks for the contribution. Looks like an interesting app - the recording feature is definately nice.

yeah foobar2000 is very difficult to configure.. yesterday i downloaded ready configs submited to their forums and even then.. most of the stuff didnt work.. missing components, libraries, ..

the thing is, foobar2000 is light, starts fast and music just sounds better..

I don't think it's just a "difficult to configure" issue. It seems like a different concept (the GUI) than winamp, and it just feels weird. I've tried it a few times, but never liked it much.

And as for sounding better, then perhaps you can backup that claim? I can do bit perfect/accurate Kernel Streaming & ASIO output. I don't see how foobar could be better. (And DFX in winamp does make it sound far better for some music types).

I like Winamp, mostly for the same reasons Zxian mentioned.

I don't think it's just a "difficult to configure" issue. It seems like a different concept (the GUI) than winamp, and it just feels weird. I've tried it a few times, but never liked it much.

I think you and I are actually saying the same thing. Sure, foobar's got a different GUI than winamp, but it's also not a very intuitive GUI for most users. That's why I say it's "difficult". ;)