I go to delete the contents of the source folder and

the WIM image along with many files in the temp

folder are locked, I guess thats because the SYS

file that opens up the WIM images is still holding

onto them?

Remember though I am running this on the Beta (5384) of Vista,

which is probably six weeks old by now.

Edited by LeveL

hyde and MagicAndre1981, I appreciate it but it's not yet time for the integration, my primary goal is first removal then the luxury of integration and unnatended.

McoreD, hehe yeah

LeveL, haven't told that it is made for build 5744 and newer, sorry. You'll be able to use it when it's in the stores, it works without those weird errors.

You can switch display modes for the forum in the upper right corner "Options" button.

Thanks Nuhi,

I am currently testing it out with Vista Ultimate 6000 ... I will post any bugs I find ...

And is there a way to make an iso with out having to go through the processes of making changes like you can with nlite? For some reason I was unable to make this work.

RTM

post-34545-1164084637_thumb.jpg

Edited by berrios-zipline

Thank you nuhi! This is just awesome!!! Didn't expect such a program at this time. So now it's time to delete Win XP from our HDDs? :P

Hehe, some people still refuse to go from Win2000 to WinXP :lol:

hyde and MagicAndre1981, I appreciate it but it's not yet time for the integration, my primary goal is first removal then the luxury of integration and unnatended.

Considering this is the first ever release of vLite it already

removes enough for me!

But I think with Vista - one of the main things or in demand things people would

love is if the 512Mb RAM requirements and the fact that you need a 15Gb disk

or bigger could be eliminated. Thats pretty sick, especially when Vista runs

pretty smoothly on under 256Mb RAM in VMware... if you drop the RAM down

after install that is. It needs to be on 512Mb otherwise it won't install but then

it can be dropped down to as little as 224Mb... whats that all about? I demand

an answer from a M$ official!

LeveL, haven't told that it is made for build 5744 and newer, sorry. You'll be able to use it when it's in the stores, it works without those weird errors.

I just knew there had to be a good reason... my fault for using my weeks old v5384 :blushing:

im just curious,, what are some of the final disk sizes that some of you ppl are coming up with after vliting it ?

Have a look at the bottom of this screenshot from vlite.net, if all components are selected you can slice a massive 4666.9MB of stuff from an install :w00t:

http://www.vlite.net/img/shots/ss2.png

How big is Vista on a normal install though, about 8Gb or something (Ultimate)?

im just curious,, what are some of the final disk sizes that some of you ppl are coming up with after vliting it ?

Have a look at the bottom of this screenshot from vlite.net, if all components are selected you can slice a massive 4666.9MB of stuff from an install :w00t:

http://www.vlite.net/img/shots/ss2.png

With everything selected. No matter you choose maximum or fast compression, you will get a 1GB iso (assuming you selected Ultimate Edition).

Once installed Vista will still take 4GB.

(speaking of x86 version of course)

PS: maximum compression is really not worth the time compared to fast. Don't use it. Here it saves 40 to 60MB and needs an extra 20 minutes.

@berrios-zipline

thats normal with this vmware version

i suggest dl vmware 5.5.3, it will install faster and is compatible with vista

otherwise u could add a 2nd cd drive in VM, one with mounted ISO and one with mounted ISO with daemon tools or just place ur DVD in ur real drive