Multiple windows versions unattended...

wizy

I want to build a disc for each version of windows XP that I can get my hands on. The idea here is to have some unattended settings that I can apply to multiple versions of xp. I will also be adding in the BTS driver packs and adding in some installs like firefox via runonceex.cmd and cmdlines.txt.

I have iso's for these versions of windows:

Pro SP2:

OEM - Dell

OEM - HP

OEM - IBM

OEM - Lenovo

RETAIL

CORP

VLK

Home SP2:

OEM - Generic

OEM - Dell

OEM - HP

OEM - IBM

OEM - Lenovo

RETAIL

VLK

So has anything like this been done before? Am I reinventing the wheel? Do I have to do each one individually?

ps: the goal here is quick reinstalls on any version of windows that a customer owns, and then changing the key to their product key via rockxp or keyfinder so its legit. I am not attempting to pirate anything here, I have all of those versions listed above legally. I just want customer re-installs to go a lot faster.

You have a couple of options. You may likely have to combine a couple of them to accomplish what you want to do. The difference between any of the above files is just a handful of files which are added or changed for each version.

So you could create a multiboot cd and optimize it to eliminate the duplicate files and likely fit all of the PRO installs on on cd and all of the Home installs on another. You may be able to fit them all on one cd, you would have to see how big it got. There is also a post here dealing with making a single OEM cd for multiple manufacturers which may help in your endeavor.

Thanks for the quick reply. I hadnt thought about going multiboot with it. I have done multiboot cds with powerpacker before so I dont have a problem doing that.

I think you are correct about a Home and a Pro disc. One for each is a good idea.

My main question here was more along the lines of this: With all the tools I find around here like powerpacker, ryamvn's integrator, the driver packs and dp base, has anyone actually made something already that works on applying an nlite setup, driverpacks, integration, and unattended across many different versions without having to re-do all the work for each one?

(run on sentance, I know...)

I expected as much, this thread was really just wishful thinking.

As for corp and vlk being the same, it would seem so. But since I had to different discs with slightly different total sizes I figured their must be a little difference. I wanted to be thorough.

Let me ask some add-on questions to this one then. If I want to do this as two discs, one for home and one for pro, what is my plan of attack. I want to use nlite to shrink them all down, can I use the same nlite settings files for all the versions I listed? I also want to apply the driver packs to all of them (BTS using dp base or integrating with nlite), which way is best? I also plan on making them all unattended, does the same winnt.sif apply to all those versions, or do I need a different one for pro and for home?

The final question is of course what to use for multiboot, will powerpack suffice? Do I need to do something more custom?

Edited by wizy