[Update] Vista XPize Mod

peyronnx

Hello,

Happy new year !!! I hope that this new year will bring to you what you expect.

Concerning my pack :

1. The bitmaps are finished

2. The logonui is already done (I will post a screenshot as soon as I can but my pc is out of order => no access to my data for the pack !!!)

3. Logoff boxes also finished

The pack will also contains:

1. Aero curosors

2. Some cool Vista Wallpapers

I can not promise anyhting for the release date due to the main issues I have to solve:

- XPize sources

- PC out of order (fortunately I have a professional laptop). I have alraedy order a new one, everyhting depends on Dell now !

I am also thinking about inlcuding icons in my pack ... But it will take some much time to cover all the icons used by XP that I will need help.

If people accept to give me a hand why not launching a Vistaize project !!!!

Good night

XPize 4.6 Beta 2 is almost finished. The open source XPize Installer System is almost finished too. I will be releasing both very soon, so you can start building your pack over my source. I can offer you hosting and advertising of the pack at my XPize website too.

well i have the resources ready for you!

i will send you a pm with the details.

so lets do this man.

@ XPero sorry man but i just stink at nsis so this is the best way to ever get this pack of the ground!

regards to both of you damian666 :thumbup

• 2 months later...

The project seems to be on a good way to release a beta version (perhaps by the end of the week).

The name of the pack will be : Aurora Pack

It integrates the following features:

- Visual Style (Aero Basic)

- Something like 200 files patched to get a Vista touch

- Logon screen

- Screensaver

- Vista animation (avi)

- Cursors

- Sounds

- Some Vista Wallpapers

- Text remover for startpanel (logoff and shutdown buttons)

I will try to also add a bootscreen.

The patching system is inspirated from the first release of XIS. I have not planned to rework on it to add the new features of the one that XPero has recently released. The patching system was also a little bit improved to detect all the updates performed by the Windows Update service (XPero, do not hesitate to contact me to know more about my improvement on that topic). No bugs detected on my PC since I have reached a beta status.

Thanks again Damian666 for your support

See U

Tetsed, installed fine :yes:

Bug1? there a little image above my start button no matter what theme I use unless I clsoe the vista gadget you included

The purple wallpaper really does not match :no: apart from that its really good!

Just a little doubt: Doesn't Vista Transformation Pack already do all this and more? If it does, why reinvent the wheel? Or have I misunderstood what exactly you're doing here?

VTP is well known for seriously damaging a lot of Windows installations. I highly recommend to stay away from it.

Vistamizer is also very good but it has some little problems ATM. The XPize installer system is simply the best. Never had any problems with it.

Just a little doubt: Doesn't Vista Transformation Pack already do all this and more? If it does, why reinvent the wheel? Or have I misunderstood what exactly you're doing here?

VTP is well known for seriously damaging a lot of Windows installations. I highly recommend to stay away from it.

Vistamizer is also very good but it has some little problems ATM. The XPize installer system is simply the best. Never had any problems with it.