• Windows Media Player
    • iTunes
    • foobar2000
    • Media Player Classic
    • Amarok
    • Other
    • Winamp
    • I don't

foobar2000 for music. the **** thing is simply the best. there is nothing better than it; and nobody can convince me otherwise.

as for Videos, DVDs, and similar s***, Media Player Classic along with ffdshow.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Itunes indeed! I've been using it forever (well, 3 years since i got my ipod). i always found that musicmatch was a like, slow and annoying. on the other hand, foobar2000 doesn't have may library functions (i use it to play flac files. Windows media player has a weird way of organizing playlists. I find it's hard to find them in the ui, but i do use it to play single songs here and there. I tried winamp a while ago, but i didn't use it long enough to get use to it. In the end, it all came down to iPod and Podcast support, which itunes has and i already use.

Itunes indeed! I've been using it forever (well, 3 years since i got my ipod). i always found that musicmatch was a like, slow and annoying. on the other hand, foobar2000 doesn't have may library functions (i use it to play flac files. Windows media player has a weird way of organizing playlists. I find it's hard to find them in the ui, but i do use it to play single songs here and there. I tried winamp a while ago, but i didn't use it long enough to get use to it. In the end, it all came down to iPod and Podcast support, which itunes has and i already use.

RIGHT ON!

• 2 months later...

Currently, winamp sux.

WMP(im using WMP 9) are good and can boost my little sound system(headphones).

Mplayer classic. Nice for discrete usage (specially when im seeing p*rn) and don't need a lot of cpu or ram.

itunes... excellent if is installed on a macintosh. Windows version is too HEAVY.

Guest ytrewq
Currently, winamp sux.

I somewhat agree. I don't care much for most of the newer stuff in it (I like the new look, but not the library). Not too worried about resource usage or anything like that. It seems to be getting somewhat buggy though: adding part of my mp3's in the library crashes it, half the time it crashes instead of saving playlists, stuff like that. More than annoying. Same stuff works fine in all other players (like WMP). I just might give foobar another try.

itunes... excellent if is installed on a macintosh. Windows version is too HEAVY.

Might be ok on a Mac (don't have nor use one), but on Windows it's absolute garbage. I'd use anything over that bloated useless trash.

• 3 months later...

It really depends on what the format is. I generally keep formats to their native players. An exception to that rule that I have is MP3s...I play those with Sonique v1.96. It's old, but I like it and it works.

• 2 months later...