5.6 Buglist

%Reboot% issue 1: error: Line 457, char 2, Error: Object expected, Code: 0, URL: file://E:\WPI\Common\Installer.hta

This is when running E:\WPI\WPI.hta from a Memory Stick on driveletter E:

REBOOT is the only entry being installed.

After the reboot and logon, WPI kicks in again, sets a green check for the "REBOOT", and pops up this window "Internet Explorer Script Error" with "error: Line 457, char 2, Error: Object expected, Code: 0, URL: file://E:\WPI\Common\Installer.hta"

I have to end the "mshta.exe" process in Taskmanager.

(in Installer.hta there are only 297 lines, so why it is indicating line 457?)

prog[pn]=['REBOOT'];
ordr[pn]=[999];
desc[pn]=['<BR><B><u>REBOOT</u></B><P>REBOOTS the computer after 20 seconds, typically after all installations are done.</P><UL><LI> <B>STATUS</B> 2007-01-25: <B><FONT color=blue>TEST</FONT></B><LI> <FONT color=red>TODO: some issues!</FONT></UL>'];
uid[pn]=['REBOOT'];
cat[pn]=['Other'];
configs[pn]=['TEST,MSI'];
cmd6[pn]=['%reboot% 20 -c "END of UnAttended XP installation. Don`t panic. The system will reboot in 20 seconds."'];
pn++;

%Reboot% issue 2: When installing 2 applications, with a %reboot% during the install of the first application

This too is when running E:\WPI\WPI.hta from a Memory Stick on driveletter E:

I only installing PDFCreator and JAlbum

I put a %reboot% into PDFCreator's installation cmd2

So PDFCreator cmd1 installs..., then the reboot occurs, then the login, the remaining commands 3 and 6 of PDFCreator get executed, but when WPI begins installing JAlbum an error occurs: E:\WPI\WPIScripts\ExtractToPath.vbs, Line 20, Char 12, error: The system cannot find the file specified. Code 80070002: Source: (null)

Thereafter the same error as in "%Reboot% issue1" in Installer.hta.

(The extraction created C:\Program Files\JAlbum as a file instead of a folder; if you delete it and run WPI again, JAlbum installs fine)

prog[pn]=['PDFCreator v0.9.3'];
ordr[pn]=[142];
desc[pn]=['<BR><B><u>Convert to PDF by printing</u></B><P>You can also combine multiple PDF\'s into one! (see http://freewarepdf.com)</P><UL><LI> [ FREEWARE ]<LI> <a href="http://www.pdfforge.org/node/112">SILENT Install</a><LI> <a href="http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator">HOME</a><LI> Harddisk space taken: <FONT color=blue>81 MB</FONT><LI> <B>STATUS</B> 2007-01-25: <B><FONT color=green>GOOD</FONT></B><LI> <FONT color=red>TODO: </FONT></UL>'];
uid[pn]=['PDFCREATOR'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
cat[pn]=['Office'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
configs[pn]=['GOOD,FREEWARE-pc'];
cond[pn]=['FileExists("%WPIpath%\\Install_01\\MultiMedia\\PDF\\PDFcreator\\zPDFCreator-0_9_3-AD_DeploymentPackage-WithoutToolbar.msi")'];
gcond[pn]=['FileExists("%ProgramFiles%\\PDFCreator\\PDFCreator.exe")'];
cmd1[pn]=['"%WPIpath%\\Install_01\\MultiMedia\\PDF\\PDFcreator\\zPDFCreator-0_9_3-AD_DeploymentPackage-WithoutToolbar.msi" /qb-!'];
cmd2[pn]=['%reboot% 20 -c "TEST!. The system will reboot in 20 seconds."'];
cmd3[pn]=['XCOPY /Y "%WPIpath%\\Install_01\\MultiMedia\\PDF\\PDFcreator\\*.ini" "%ProgramFiles%\\PDFCreator\\languages\\"'];
cmd6[pn]=['"%WPIpath%\\Install_01\\MultiMedia\\PDF\\PDFcreator\\ShortCuts.cmd"'];
rega[pn]=['%WPIpath%\\Install_01\\MultiMedia\\PDF\\PDFcreator\\SetLanguageToDutch.reg'];
picf[pn]=['PDFCreator.gif'];
textl[pn]=['Bottom'];
pn++;

prog[pn]=['JAlbum v6.5.4'];
ordr[pn]=[765];
desc[pn]=['<BR><B><u>Makes web photo albums of your digital images.</u></B> <P>JAlbum aims to be the easiest to use and most powerful tool in this category - and free!</P><P>With JAlbum, no extra software is needed to view the albums, -just your web browser. Unlike "server side" album scripts, JAlbum albums can be served from a plain web server without scripting support and thanks to JAlbum\\s built in web server, you can even share your albums straight from JAlbum. You can also share your albums on CD-ROM.</P><P>JAlbum runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and others and speaks 29 languages. JAlbum is written after numerous disappointments with existing album software. With JAlbum you have full control of the look of the generated album, not just color theme and basic layout, still making an album is just a matter of drag and drop + a button click if you prefer to use one of the many existing looks. JAlbum will process your images, make index pages and slide show pages and even upload the final album to the Internet for your friends to see.</P><UL><LI> [ FREEWARE ]<LI> HOME: http://jalbum.net<LI> Harddisk space taken: <FONT color=blue>20.5 MB</FONT><LI> <B>STATUS</B> 2006-11-29: <B><FONT color=green>GOOD</FONT></B></UL>'];
uid[pn]=['JALBUM'];
cat[pn]=['MultiMedia'];
configs[pn]=['GOOD,FREEWARE-pc'];
cond[pn]=['FileExists("%WPIpath%\\Install_01\\MultiMedia\\JAlbum\\JAlbum6.5.4.zip")'];
gcond[pn]=['FileExists("%ProgramFiles%\\JAlbum\\JAlbum.jar")'];
cmd1[pn]=['%EXTRACT% "%WPIpath%\\Install_01\\MultiMedia\\JAlbum\\JAlbum6.5.4.zip" "%ProgramFiles%"'];
cmd2[pn]=['FILECOPY /Y "%WPIpath%\\Install_01\\MultiMedia\\JAlbum\\JAlbum.ico" "%ProgramFiles%\\JAlbum"'];
cmd3[pn]=['DIRCOPY /Y "%WPIpath%\\Install_01\\MultiMedia\\JAlbum\\standard.p" "%ProgramFiles%\\JAlbum\\skins"'];
cmd6[pn]=['"%WPIpath%\\Install_01\\MultiMedia\\JAlbum\\ShortCuts.CMD"'];
picf[pn]=['JAlbum.png'];
picw[pn]=['172'];
pich[pn]=['69'];
textl[pn]=['Bottom'];
pn++;

%Reboot% issue 3: when WPI is ran from a network share on another PC

"REBOOT" is the only WPI-entry being installed.

After the reboot a window pops up "Z:\Common\Installer.hta" which you have to close manually before logon continues, and when you start WPI, the message "WPI has detected a previous installation that has not completed..." appears, and you have to click "Cancel"

prog[pn]=['REBOOT'];
ordr[pn]=[999];
desc[pn]=['<BR><B><u>REBOOT</u></B><P>REBOOTS the computer after 20 seconds, typically after all installations are done.</P><UL><LI> <B>STATUS</B> 2007-01-25: <B><FONT color=blue>TEST</FONT></B><LI> <FONT color=red>TODO: some issues!</FONT></UL>'];
uid[pn]=['REBOOT'];
cat[pn]=['Other'];
configs[pn]=['TEST,MSI'];
cmd6[pn]=['%reboot% 20 -c "END of UnAttended XP installation. Don`t panic. The system will reboot in 20 seconds."'];
pn++;

This is the wrapper I use to start WPI on the network share:

@ECHO OFF
SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS

::::: parameters used during unattended installations
set CONFIGWPI=%1
set TIMEOUT=%2

:LOOKUPWPI
set SOURCE=
FOR %%d IN ( \\PC171 \\PC230 ) DO IF EXIST %%d\WPI$ SET SOURCE=%%d\WPI&& GOTO SOURCE_OK

:NOK!
echo No WPI found !
IF NOT "%1"=="" GOTO END_WPI_CMD
echo Press ENTER to EXIT ...
pause
EXIT

:SOURCE_OK
PUSHD %SOURCE%
WPI.hta options=useroptions_unattended.js check=%CONFIGWPI% timer=%TIMEOUT%
POPD

::::: Sort Start Menu and Favorites in Alphabetical Order
@reg DELETE HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder /f

:END_WPI_CMD

• 3 weeks later...

"Execute Before" option: how to enter a relative path?

Using WPI from an USB stick, i want wpi.hta to execute a batch file before. As you can't be sure of the driveletter the stick will get, a relative path is needed, e.g. .\Tools\wpi_Execute_Before.cmd.

In that commandfile, I would like to use the variable %WPIpath% to solve the driveletter issue.

Can this be done, or am I missing something obvious?

-----------------------------------

---- Sorry, works OK !!

I store the commands in the Tools subdirectory, and reference them as " .\Tools\wpi_Execute_Before.cmd" and ".\Tools\wpi_Execute_Before.cmd" in the useroptions

WPI\Tools\wpi_Execute_Before.cmd :

@echo off

::::: make copy of the last WPI logfile before it is overwritten
IF NOT EXIST C:\WPI.Log GOTO END_LOGBOOK_WPI
copy C:\WPI.Log C:\temp.log
echo ================================================>>C:\temp.log
type C:\wpi_all.log >>C:\temp.log
MOVE /Y C:\temp.log C:\wpi_all.log

:END_LOGBOOK_WPI

IF NOT EXIST %Windir%\system32\TASKKILL.exe COPY /Y .\Install\MicroSFT\$OEM$\$$\system32\taskkill.exe %Windir%\system32\
IF NOT EXIST %Windir%\system32\robocopy.exe COPY /Y .\Install\MicroSFT\$OEM$\$$\system32\robocopy.exe %Windir%\system32\

WPI\Tools\wpi_Execute_After.cmd :

@echo off
::::: Sort Start Menu and Favorites in Alphabetical Order
@reg DELETE HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder /f

post-81505-1171548561_thumb.png

Edited by GrowBigTrees

• 1 month later...

Sorry! Crystal Ball! that's was funny ;D

I'm using XP SP2 + Ryan 2.1.7

Sun Java 1.5.10

WPI 5.6 via cmdlines.txt

[COMMANDS]

"useraccounts.cmd"

Royale.exe

RunWPI.cmd

fully the default methods, I don't play around much ;)

the weird thing, that when I use this erreneous WPI on VERY ORDINARY UN-TOUCHED XPSP2, there was no error message!

EDIT:

WPI v5.0 working 100% normal

WPI v5.4 , WPI v5.5 , WPI v5.6 showing the same error message

something is wrong in Line 101, Char 2

Edited by Wesmosis

• 2 months later...
seems to crash in vista :(

ms html app host crashes

=============

I just changed the xp things into vista things in core.js , that was all........

LOL even the makers from wpi never respond to this....they had to know after i posted the error, but they didnt.

Glad i found this myself :hello:

Problem solved WPI runs in vista now.

And where do you see Pliek? :blink:

Hi sp00f,

Could you please upload the correct file so I can add the correct ones. Thank you (or mail np at all)

Many thnx

Nickx

Just edit the core.js

In that file you look for this :

if (FileExists(li[i]+'\\WPI.HTA') || FileExists(li[i]+'\\WIN51') || FileExists(li[i]+'\\I386\\DRIVER.CAB'))

Change "WIN51" and "I386\\DRIVER.CAB" into things that are on your vista DVD.

I use this ( these things are in MY Vista DVD ) :

(FileExists(li[i]+'\\WPI.HTA') || FileExists(li[i]+'\\AppsRoot.txt') || FileExists(li[i]+'\\sources\\install_Windows Vista (vLite) ULTIMATE.clg'))

And to start WPI i used firegeier's guide :

http://firegeier.unattended-sponsor.de/en/applications.html

But instead of installing aps from there i only use this for WPI

%AppsRoot%Install\WPI\WPI.hta

full storry

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=94149

Edited by arabianhorse