SATA probs?

I just built my system after much painstaking over the parts got a final config together and low and behold the only thing giving probs is the SATA.

Its built into the ICH5 on the 875P chipset and works well when emulating IDE connection but wont support Native mode. It doesnt bother me much as the system is more reliable than i ever expected and really runs well final specs were..

Gigabyte GA8-IK1100

P4 2.4c ghz with HT

2gb Samsung ECC DDR 333

2x Seagate barracudas 120gb in raid 0

Wildcat VP990 512mb G/C

i have checked on ms technet and they say SATA native is not supported in current os's :) but will be in future versions. If i run in Raid i can use the intel disk that i got then F6 at install and all works well but had the unfortunate thing of one of the H/D's being faulty and had to return it. :D New one should be here soon but i am having to run one H/D at the mo and this is where the problem is it wont install or run XP on Native only if it emulates the SATA to IDE pri master. The weird thing is i can get it to install on SATA Native then on first boot gives a stop error saying 0x00007 :D this from my experience normally happens when the memory is to aggressivly timed or when a hard drive controller i.e SCSI cant find the drivers. It seems to work then this happens any help on this would be much apreciated especially if the help comes from someone who has SATA running in Native with no Raid. :rolleyes: