The famous start menu cleanup

Hi, does anyone know how to delete start menu shortcuts form the administartors profile, i can do it from

the all users profile but not the adminstrtors.

C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\Start Menu\Programs\WinRAR\Consloe RAR manual.lnk

im under the impression that im the system adminstrator,as im the only person who uses the computer.

still, i cannot remove this shortcut, nor move some of the others for some reason, ive tried the %% way, but to no avail.

maybe i need to know the profile name, like maybe %STEVEPROFILE% or %ADMINISTRATORPROFILE% etc.

what im trying to do is take all the shortcuts to the programs and put the directly in my start menu programs menu, without have to go to the programs start menu folder everytime.

i know its a stupid little thng but it would mean alot to me, can anyone help?

Hi, does anyone know how to delete start menu shortcuts form the administartors profile, i can do it from

the all users profile but not the adminstrtors.

Well, first, if you log in as Administrator, then you'll be wanting to use this code:

DEL "%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\*.lnk"

If you want to be able to delete the administartors profile shortcuts outside of being logged in as Administrator, i'm not sure this can be done ... but I am having a quick go to see if my guess was right ... i will report back soon ...

HTH