Get Back Your Account And Password In Vista

cerdar

Now tell me why do you have to upload the username/password file to YOUR server when similar tools like l0phtcrack do so locally? And how many people trust uploading a file containing such information to a third-party server with no reputation?

Hmmm...I wouldn't recommend this method as it exposes your password to where ever on the internet or a network it goes to. You should never need to recover a password for the OS by accessing any form of network. So...with this method we have the possibility of having your OS compromised by giving your password and location (by the email address or by simply determing what IP address the password recovery request came from) to some unknown and not trusted party. All in all, this method is a way for someone to harvest IP addresses of computers and their login passwords, and thus sets them up for attack and exploit. And...if i'm not mistaken this was also one of the methods used by the guy who was finally caught that set up the zombie network consisting of million of computers. I would not recommend that anyone use this method.

Edited by Spooky