Did anyone try to nlite Windows XP Tablet PC Edition?

ekawahyu

• 2 months later...

I tried to nLite XP TPC and something broke the Tablet PC Input Panel. The "keyboard" at the XP Login Screen is just a blank box now too. Guess I'm just gonna have to stick with RyanVM integrator and just slipstream the hotfixes...

If I'm not mistaken, tablet PC files rest on CD2 of Media Center Edition. If you can nLite MCE, you should be able to nLite Tablet PC Edition. Compatibility is key. Perhaps a visit to the Windows Ultimate Edition subforum may help you in your quest.

• 2 weeks later...

SOLVED IT... the problem with the disappearing on-screen keyboard is the selection of removing the .NET framework. You must leave it in the install even if you'll install more recent .NET framework updates.

This took several days of "VMWAREing" tons of ISOs made from nLite. I don't know what specific file in the color scheme that nLite breaks though, I just know it does.

This was done on a TC1100, WinXP Pro SP2.

Edited by videonerd

Hi,

I must say, I have just tried Nlite with my tablet pc cds to slipstream sp2 with it, but it works ;-) I haven't removed anything yet, but wanted just to test it...

I have just installed it onto my Raon Digital Vega, and everything works correctly...

Cheers,

Debbie

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everybody.

Just to add my experience regarding XP Tablet Edition, I encountered strange behavior (bug ?)

when I tried to remove unnecessary drivers. To futher clarify, I was removing items from the

drivers section but NOT from the hardware support.

When I tried to boot such ISO (either in the real machine, or in VMWare) setup complains

that processor support files (amdk6.sys, amdk7.sys, crusoe.sys, p3.sys) and several others

(arp1394.sys, ks.sys, ndisuio.sys, ntkrnlpa.exe, etc.) are missing.

Same thing happens with nLite 1.2.1 or 1.3RC2.

• 2 years later...

With nlite v.1.4.9.1 and the tabletpc compatibility checked, i still lose tablet function despite trying everything that makes sense. I have done like more than ten builds and all have failed.

EDIT: Also, i must add that i'm doing this with a laptop that has no CD drive. So i make it bootable in DOS, dump the data that normally is burned into a CD in a folder, and start the setup from ./i386/winnt

I was wondering if this thing completely ignores the CMPNENTS folder or any folders that are outside /i386/?

Edited by baov

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I share your concern, but so far I can't figure out to achieve unattend install via DOS, how do you do this? when using winnt.exe /U:my unattend.txt it is never able to read it so I only can do the unattended install via winnt.exe.

So I'm not yet trying to include tablet options

thanx

yep i'm a bit further now,

just batch copied unattend.txt on my destination C: drive, rigtht after formatting, the only one that does'nt change letter during install process

no idea for tablet options, excepted relaunch install with daemon CD iso file from fresh XP install,

i'll come back soon

take chance

t