cant install windows xp on my new sata hard drive

autoct

My motherboard is Asus A8VE-SE, my HD is a weston digital SATA II 250g,

When I try to install windows after I format, it says viamraid.srv, viamraid.inf, and viamraid.cat is missing, I know that they are in the driver from the floppy disk (made by motherboard CD) but windows cant take them.

I also try with the driver from via and asus website, same problem.

Also in my bios I cannot see my Hard disc, dont know if is an issue.

Ive been trying to find out from other post whitout succes. I spent couple days on this problem, my next step is to trow the HD in the wall.

Thank for your help

My motherboard is Asus A8VE-SE, my HD is a weston digital SATA II 250g,

When I try to install windows after I format, it says viamraid.srv, viamraid.inf, and viamraid.cat is missing, I know that they are in the driver from the floppy disk (made by motherboard CD) but windows cant take them.

I also try with the driver from via and asus website, same problem.

Also in my bios I cannot see my Hard disc, dont know if is an issue.

Ive been trying to find out from other post whitout succes. I spent couple days on this problem, my next step is to trow the HD in the wall.

Thank for your help

Sounds like your raid floppy is broken. I'm assuming that you already picked your RAID driver using F6 during text-mode setup?

Generally speaking, if you're able to pick the driver using F6, you're able to view your drive to start the installation in textmode setup and during the windows install it says that files cannot be found (which relate to your raid driver) then your raid floppy has been misconstructed.

I try to make a driver floppy disc from my original motherboard CD, VIA website and asus website and they all did the same problem. So I dont think is a misconsstruct from all of those.

You could try slipstreaming the driver into your windows CD using nLite.

Ok now I have to go back on XP, I have couples software that does'nt work under Vista.

I tryed to incorporated the driver on my windows cd but wont work, that was my first attemp for slipstream, and I dont really understand how.

Im really tired of this crap