OemPnPDriversPath help?

ok i want the install to auto pick up the catalyst drivers 3.7 and control panel and install them, ive added the paths to the folder where the inf files are etc but it just wont install em, any help please.

Also i tried to get it to install the via hyperions drivers, i added loads of paths to various folders but no joy there either.

I have included my winnt.sif info below any help would be greatfully recieved :)

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
   AutoPartition=0
   MsDosInitiated="0"
   UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[Unattended]
   UnattendMode=FullUnattended
DisableDynamicUpdates=Yes
   OemSkipEula=Yes
   OemPreinstall=Yes
   TargetPath=\WINDOWS
   WaitForReboot="No"
NoWaitAfterTextMode=1
NoWaitAfterGUIMode=1
   OemSigningPolicy=Ignore
   Repartiton=No
   OemPnPDriversPath="DRIVERS\IDE_RAID;DRIVERS\VIAHyperion4in1449v\IDEWinXP;DRIVERS\VIAHyperion4in1449v\Inf\Winxp;
DRIVERS\VIAHyperion4in1449v\WinXP;DRIVERS\VIAHyperion4in1449v;DRIVERS\via_network_driver;
DRIVERS\959nf_XP;DRIVERS\Isdn\P-IN100;DRIVERS\cat3.7\CPanel;DRIVERS\cat3.7\Driver\2KXP_INF"

[GuiUnattended]
   AdminPassword=*
   EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
   OEMSkipRegional=1
   TimeZone=85
   OemSkipWelcome=1

[Display]
   BitsPerPel=16
   Xresolution=800
   Yresolution=600
   Vrefresh=60

[UserData]
   ProductID=-------------------------- :)
   FullName="na"
   OrgName="none"
   ComputerName=Graphics

[TapiLocation]
   CountryCode=44

[RegionalSettings]
   LanguageGroup=1
   SystemLocale=00000809
   UserLocale=00000809
   InputLocale=0809:00000809

[Identification]
   JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]
   InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]
msmsgs=off
msnexplr=off
OEAccess=on
media_clips=off
Accessopt=off
AutoUpdate=off
templates=off
fax=off
Clipbook=off
charmap=off
hypertrm=off
rec=off
pinball=off
freecell=on
minesweeper=off
solitaire=on
spider=off
hearts=off
zonegames=off

[GuiRunOnce]
   %systemdrive%\install\main_batch.cmd
   %systemdrive%\install\recomended_updates.cmd
   %systemdrive%\install\Critical_updates.cmd
   %systemdrive%\install\mohaa_install.cmd
   %systemdrive%\install\regfile.cmd
   %systemdrive%\install\wallpaper_delete.cmd
   %systemdrive%\install\Last_delete_folders.cmd
   %systemroot%\restart.cmd

Dont know wether this helps but also i have it on a raid drive which i get it all installed to no probs picks it up fine, but when i get too windows and check it in device manager the Raid controller isnt actually installed, and i have to point it too the folder on the cd and then it installs fine? any ideas why? i guess its also down to this OemPnPDriversPath problem im getting!

:/

I don't know why you're trying to install the Control Panel using that, the extracted files don't contain any INF files.

Where did OemSigningPolicy=Ignore come from? Is this different to DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore in some way?

erm it came off this site somewhere lol, i dont remeber exactly where, ill change it to the one u sugested, as to the control panel i was just testing to see if it would work in any way as it doesnt seem to install any of the drivers out of there any ideas why?

about the via 4in1 drivers

1.open notepad and pase the following:

[installShield Silent]

Version=v5.00.000

File=Response File

[File Transfer]

OverwriteReadOnly=NoToAll

[DlgOrder]

Dlg0=SdWelcome-0

Count=7

Dlg1=SdLicense-0

Dlg2=AskOptions-0

Dlg3=AskOptions-1

Dlg4=AskOptions-2

Dlg5=AskOptions-3

Dlg6=RebootDialog-0

[sdWelcome-0]

Result=1

[sdLicense-0]

Result=1

[AskOptions-0]

Result=1

Sel-0=1

Sel-1=0

[AskOptions-1]

Result=1

Sel-0=1

Sel-1=1

Sel-2=1

[AskOptions-2]

Result=1

Sel-0=1

Sel-1=0

[AskOptions-3]

Result=1

Sel-0=1

Sel-1=0

[RebootDialog-0]

Result=0

Choice=0

name the file setup.iss and place it in the same folder as the via executable

and execute the hyperion setup file from one of the batch files like so(for the example let's assume the file is called setup.exe and it's placed in the via4in1 folder)

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\via4in1\setup.exe /s /a /s /f1"%systemdrive%\install\via4in1\setup.iss"

as for the catalyst control panel i'm not sure cuse i have nvidia vga card but if the control panel executable is in the installshield format you can execute it with the -R switch in the end it will generate at the systemroot directory file called setup.iss as with the via4in1 and than u will have to put the setup.iss in the same directory as the ati control panel installation and use the same command format as with the via4in1 shown above and execute it from one of the batch files(i personally did it with nvidia control panel and it worked)

HOPE I COULD HELP

Well I was just wondering, because DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore doesn't work for some people who use drivers that aren't WHQL certified.

for the ATI Control Panel, I install them via a silent installsheild installtion using an ISS file in GuiRunOnce.

For the Catalysts, I wasn't aware there was "Drivers" directory seperating the main extracted files and the 2KXP_INF folder. But then I'm only looking at the extracted 3.6 drivers, 3.7's directory structure might be different, which I haven't checked yet.

SOOPAFLY - thanx for the input ill take a peek :)

AaronXP -

For the Catalysts, I wasn't aware there was "Drivers" directory seperating the main extracted files and the 2KXP_INF folder. But then I'm only looking at the extracted 3.6 drivers, 3.7's directory structure might be different, which I haven't checked yet.

i dl the full package in one hit 22meg i think and that puts the ati dirvers in a folder inside the directory if that helps

• 2 weeks later...

ok i got the 3.7 driver installed for the first time tonight, i downloaded the individual driver and control panel packages, extracted the driver to its own directory then put it in the drivers folder, pointed the oem path to the inf folder inside the driver files and it seems to have worked a ok, im currently burning another dvdrw to test the install again with the control panel installed as well so ill post more details if it all goes to plan.

my install on my pc takes a fair while as ive got over a 3.3 gig install disc so may be a little while :)

VirtualPC simulates hardware so it won't show if the ATI's have been installed or not. The only true way is to burn a re-writable and try.

The only time I get the CP 3.7 to install is if I do it standard setup.exe (non silent) and click no to reboot at the end of installation. Haven't managed to install CP silenbtly yet. but the control panel, looks as if it is installing but it doesn't

I can get the ATI drivers to install using thr OemPnPDriversPath

Everything else is now working OK just this **** ATI Control Panel left. Anyone managed it yet?

I don't know about the control panel. Does anyone know about the omega 3.7s? They have the control panel integrated with the installation and the 9500-->9700 hack is optional. I would like to silently install these with the 9500-->hack.

I'm fairly new at this! I got virtual PC running now and I'm testing a basic unattended install! Fun stuff!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Everything else is now working OK just this **** ATI Control Panel left.  Anyone managed it yet?

Here's my setup:

if exist %systemdrive%\windows\system32\atiddc.dll goto atiyes
goto atino

:ATIYES
ECHO.
ECHO Installing ATI Control Panel for Catalyst 3.7...
unrar x %systemdrive%\install\ati_cp37\ati_cp37.rar %systemdrive%\install\ati_cp37
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\ati_cp37\Setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\ati_cp37\setup.iss"
goto finish

:ATINO
goto finish

setup.iss =

[InstallShield Silent]
Version=v6.00.000
File=Response File
[File Transfer]
OverwrittenReadOnly=NoToAll
[{0BEDBD4E-2D34-47B5-9973-57E62B29307C}-DlgOrder]
Dlg0={0BEDBD4E-2D34-47B5-9973-57E62B29307C}-SdWelcome-0
Count=4
Dlg1={0BEDBD4E-2D34-47B5-9973-57E62B29307C}-SdLicense-0
Dlg2={0BEDBD4E-2D34-47B5-9973-57E62B29307C}-SdAskDestPath-0
Dlg3={0BEDBD4E-2D34-47B5-9973-57E62B29307C}-SdFinishReboot-0
[{0BEDBD4E-2D34-47B5-9973-57E62B29307C}-SdWelcome-0]
Result=1
[{0BEDBD4E-2D34-47B5-9973-57E62B29307C}-SdLicense-0]
Result=1
[{0BEDBD4E-2D34-47B5-9973-57E62B29307C}-SdAskDestPath-0]
szDir=C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel
Result=1
[Application]
Name=ATI Control Panel
Version=3.00.000
Company=ATI Technologies
Lang=0009
[{0BEDBD4E-2D34-47B5-9973-57E62B29307C}-SdFinishReboot-0]
Result=1
BootOption=0

ok mine is nearly at the stage where it installs the control panel. ill let u know how i get on, ive heard sound so it seems as if it installed me sound drivers through the oemdriverpath option. so at this moment all seems ok ill post again soon!

OK solution to the control panel,

when you uncompress the control panel archive you will find a setup.iss already in there. Just edit the line BootOption=03 to BootOption=0 now it will install.

For some reason doing a setup -r will create a setup.iss that don't work.

sorry not posted earlier but been very busy.

ok the -r on the control panel for ati DID WORK without fault for me, it was the last thing i installed and it worked a treat!!!!

my .cmd file is as follows -

CLS
@echo off
ECHO.
start /wait c:\DRIVERS\3.7control_panel\Setup.exe -s -f1"c:\DRIVERS\3.7control_panel\setup.iss"
EXIT

my .iss file for it is as follows -

[InstallShield Silent]
Version=v6.00.000
File=Response File
[File Transfer]
OverwrittenReadOnly=NoToAll
[{9B94BE6F-7CA3-4C40-A266-62667FF746CC}-DlgOrder]
Dlg0={9B94BE6F-7CA3-4C40-A266-62667FF746CC}-SdWelcome-0
Count=4
Dlg1={9B94BE6F-7CA3-4C40-A266-62667FF746CC}-SdLicense-0
Dlg2={9B94BE6F-7CA3-4C40-A266-62667FF746CC}-MessageBox-0
Dlg3={9B94BE6F-7CA3-4C40-A266-62667FF746CC}-SdFinishReboot-0
[{9B94BE6F-7CA3-4C40-A266-62667FF746CC}-SdWelcome-0]
Result=1
[{9B94BE6F-7CA3-4C40-A266-62667FF746CC}-SdLicense-0]
Result=1
[Application]
Name=ATI Drivers
Version=3.00.000
Company=ATI Technologies Inc.
Lang=0009
[{9B94BE6F-7CA3-4C40-A266-62667FF746CC}-MessageBox-0]
Result=1
[{9B94BE6F-7CA3-4C40-A266-62667FF746CC}-SdFinishReboot-0]
Result=6
BootOption=0

and i call all this through my setup.reg file as follows -

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\zz570]
"1"="cmd.exe /c start /min /wait C:\\DRIVERS\\control_panel3_7.cmd"
@="ATI Control Panel 3.7"

so the -r way does work!!!!

i got it too install all me drivers for the first time as well ie ati drivers, sound,via network driver all through the oemdriverpath :)