Total System Memory?

Misha

hm. sounds like Ill have to do some googling. sounds like I can run XP 32 bit on my a64 x2 and still have (and use) 4GB of ram, because windows xp 32 bit control panel says I have PAE.

Not hard to do. ;)

Operating System Support. The PAE kernel is not enabled by default for systems that can support more than 4 GB of RAM.

To boot the system and utilize PAE memory, the /PAE switch must be added to the corresponding entry in the Boot.ini file. If a problem should arise, Safe Mode may be used, which causes the system to boot using the normal kernel (support for only 4 GB of RAM) even if the /PAE switch is part of the Boot.ini file.

The PAE mode kernel requires an Intel Architecture processor, Pentium Pro or later, more than 4 GB of RAM, and Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003.

The PAE kernel can be enabled automatically without the /PAE switch present in the boot entry if the system has DEP enabled (/NOEXECUTE switch is present) or the system processor supports hardware-enforced DEP. Presence of the /NOEXECUTE switch on a system with a processor that supports hardware-enforced DEP implies the /PAE switch. If the system processor is capable of hardware-enforced DEP and the /NOEXECUTE switch is not present in the boot entry, Windows assumes /NOEXECUTE=optin by default and enables PAE mode. For more information, see the topic "Boot Options in a Boot.ini File" in the Windows DDK.

Source: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platf...PAE/PAEdrv.mspx

workstation4yu.th.jpg

Sorry, no.

If I could afford it I would have a nice large LCD, but this Sun GDM-5410 is my baby for now. The only CRT I could ever stand is the FD trinitron. Not even the diamondtron looks as good to me. (the NEC accusync 75F(?) is a FD trinitron too, but sadly the VGA connector got crushed and I can't get the VGA wiring right on it *cry*