Invisible driver problem

Kashim

I'm having a problem with my network connections. My network card died and I replaced it with another, which is the same model as the old one. I couldn't remove the old card's driver, because it simply stopped being detected by Windows. Now Windows named the new card Marvel (model) #2 and I get a message about an IP conflict when I try to set the IP. The old card doesn't even show up in Safe Mode, so I can't figure out how to remove it. Does anyone know how to do this, so that I can resolve the naming and IP conflicts? Thanks in advance.

I'm having a problem with my network connections. My network card died and I replaced it with another, which is the same model as the old one. I couldn't remove the old card's driver, because it simply stopped being detected by Windows. Now Windows named the new card Marvel (model) #2 and I get a message about an IP conflict when I try to set the IP. The old card doesn't even show up in Safe Mode, so I can't figure out how to remove it. Does anyone know how to do this, so that I can resolve the naming and IP conflicts? Thanks in advance.

You've to use ipconfig /renew for setting the IP..?

Remove the new NIC, restart your pc, go in regedit and delete all instances of your old IP. Shut down the pc, install the new NIC and you're set.

whait is the path in the REGEDIT

Edited by cerdar