Apple Computers

army20

Is it the good time to buy an Apple Mac Book Pro before Christmas or is it better to wait after ?

Are they gonna release new models soon ?

-M

Save up your cash, move it to your credit card, analyze the market. Figure out what you want, how much it's worth and what a good deal is worth on it. Then spend the holiday season (Dec to 2nd Jan) watching specials, keep watching until you find a great deal. When you find it, jump on it. It's a question of timing and opportunity.

I say: You buy when you're ready to. :yes:

This is especialy true about computers. If you always wait to buy the latest technologies, you won't buy anything! Make the best choice you can at the moment and live with it.

Some exception are: when you get an incredible deal. When Intel plan to drop the price on their CPU. When the product is near EOL (End of Life), etc.

For example, I buy some L.G. T1 Express Notebook at work. Everytime I buy, the price has dropped a little and I get something more (higher CPU, increased hard drive, etc.) So over the course of one year, I get three different configuration for the same notebook.

MBP was just updated recently with the new Core 2 Duo, so the technology's only a month or two old by the time Christmas comes around. You're so lucky :)...I've been wanting to switch to an MBP ever since it was updated.

Id go with Jcarle's option!

Wait for the sales and special offers! else you will defo regret it if you buy now, or much later on all the deals you would have missed!

id have to agree its the best thing to do when it comes to getting the best price,

yea, its true, but don't just look at one place, my parents made that mistake buying these computers....they bought them one day, if they waited two more, there would have been a huge sale, so don't buy off season unless thats your game...labor day was right around the corner, but he didn't wait...

i haven't seen many apples really advertised in stores around here, but there may be some good deals online starting right after thanksgiving, because thats when the christmas sales really ring out...sometimes even a day or two after christmas there are gigantic sales...

I'm planning on buying a 24" iMac by the end of the year... Why am I not buying it now? 1. Don't have space for it. 2. Parents will freak if I bring another computer into the house (I have 9 in my room all over, in cupboards and closets!) 3. I'm heading off to university next year, so I'll be using it mainly in my dorm. :) 4. A new config. will eventually come out.

http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/i/z/rv/2004/09/imac-300x225.gif

is that the mac you're talking about?

if it is, i've used it in school, and they're great. im not a great fan of macs, but this one is well built.

my only advice, is dont drop the box, don't tip it, don't let it slide around, and certainly don't set it down too hard. the screen is covered by a protective piece of plastic, but i wouldn't trust the internals and the mounting.

the other version with the bubble-like base, thats pretty much the same, i haven't used them, but i've gotten good looks at them, and the one thing i don't trust about them is the mounting of the moniter...i can just see it going down hard if it gets bumped the wrong way. other than that its well built, i must say. apple's been doing good with design and functionality, but price isn't quite on the same line.

just watch out for it being top heavy, because if you bump it hard enough, it will go down, we had a couple adventures when we put them in.

the remote feature is great, lots of fun to use, you can even scare people by using it when they're working..tons of fun..