Cant get vista rc1 to lnstall on spare sata drive

XPC-001

i'm trying to get vista rc1 to install on my spare sata drive. the error message is that it cant install cause of it being dynamic disk. in my current system i have tried reformating it but no luck with that. i even wiped out the partition and tried to let vista create one and format but no luck. that drive is totaly blank and ready. with ide drives in xp i had no issues creating 2 primary volumes. is this a sata issue or what

is their a way i can dual boot xp pro and vista rc1???

First of all, forget about RC1 installing on a SATA drive as it had problems with SATA in general in some cases. People have reported sucess with installing RC2 on SATA.

"is their a way i can dual boot xp pro and vista rc1???"

Sure there is, install XP on a drive as the primary OS. Then install Vista on a second drive or partition and the dual boot will be set up auto-magically.

i'm trying to get vista rc1 to install on my spare sata drive. the error message is that it cant install cause of it being dynamic disk. in my current system i have tried reformating it but no luck with that. i even wiped out the partition and tried to let vista create one and format but no luck. that drive is totaly blank and ready. with ide drives in xp i had no issues creating 2 primary volumes. is this a sata issue or what

First initialze the HDD then reformat

during the installtion provide sata driver using CD, DVD , USB etc...

OK TESTED

First initialze the HDD then reformat

during the installtion provide sata driver using CD, DVD , USB etc...

OK TESTED

so all i have to do is wipde the partition out ( if it isnt already ) then initialze the disk and let it be? last provide my m/b sata drivers ---wait should vista have the sata built-in? i seen no vista drivers from intel on their download site