$OEM$ folder required?

RaVeWiThMe

i was wondering if the $OEM% folder is required to run an unattended cd. I know that it copies the setup files to a hard drive first before it installs, but I dont want it to. I rather have it just install. For example, I want to install Aim, so can't I put it in C:\XPCD\install\Applications\AIM\.......instead of C:\XPCD\\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\AIM\ ??? Will that install correctly? Thanks

http://unattended.msfn.org

How would you get the install files off your CD to install with? That's what the $OEM$ folder is for.

like BIRDS had previously stated, I can use something like nLite add-on maker to create a .cab for a program and use nLite to insert it in the HOTFIXES and UPDATES. Hopefully I can do that and not have to create the $OEM$ folder?....I want to verify with a couple of more responses from others before I do this. Thanks

http://unattended.msfn.org

How would you get the install files off your CD to install with? That's what the $OEM$ folder is for.

like BIRDS had previously stated, I can use something like nLite add-on maker to create a .cab for a program and use nLite to insert it in the HOTFIXES and UPDATES. Hopefully I can do that and not have to create the $OEM$ folder?....I want to verify with a couple of more responses from others before I do this. Thanks

yes you can, that's the whole point of the CABs

yes you can, that's the whole point of the CABs

What about for drivers? I know that I can do it as long as its an .inf file, but some of my drivers contains other files included with it, and others dont contain an .inf at file....they just have a setup.exe file. Thanks