Office 2007 on MSDN

X-Ecutioner

VSTO for Office 2007 was just released too: download I'm surprised it came out so fast.

And they've released as save as PDF/XPS extension too. Nice of them, especially since Adobe wanted to sue them if they included it in MS Office, even though it's a "free" format (free for anyone to implement, except for MS seemingly). That was totally unexpected really.

VSTO for Office 2007 was just released too: download I'm surprised it came out so fast.

And they've released as save as PDF/XPS extension too. Nice of them, especially since Adobe wanted to sue them if they included it in MS Office, even though it's a "free" format (free for anyone to implement, except for MS seemingly). That was totally unexpected really.

And at less than 1 MB, most of the PDF and XPS code is probably already part of main office program. Especially considering that they're available as separate PDF and XPS plugins that are also about the same size (see XPS and PDF)

Additionally, from my experience at work, lots of people buy Adobe Acrobat just to use the Adobe Printer/Distiller to turn office docs into PDF's even though there are free alternatives. As soon as office has it built-in, people would realize they didn't need to by the overpriced Adobe Acrobat. Not to say that Acrobat doesn't have nice features, but the majority of the users don't use anything beyond the Adobe Printer/Distiller. Adobe was probably really worried about a profit downfall from (usually small) businesses if it got included into Office by default. Bussinesses without IT staff or with crappy IT staff will end up buying stuff they don't need. Us informed IT staff can start to save users money :D

Edited by snekul