How to integrate IE7 in Windows XP unattended cD?

I had no problem installing IE7 via SVCPACK.INF using the install package downloaded from Microsoft. I found that a few of the IE7-specific registry settings applied to HKCU (aka Default User) during execution of Cmdlines.txt weren't retained tho...

I had no problem installing IE7 via SVCPACK.INF using the install package downloaded from Microsoft. I found that a few of the IE7-specific registry settings applied to HKCU (aka Default User) during execution of Cmdlines.txt weren't retained tho...

Hi,

I'd like to know how you install ie7 via svcpack.inf. I tried it but it just skipped the file. Please reply.

I tried what visualwhat said to do and it didnt install it.

I used nlite addon maker and made the ie7-setup.exe into a cab file (is ie7-setup.exe the right file to be doing this? do I need another ie7?)

I added that ie7.cab into the updates section on nlite and prepared the directory, burned the iso and installed. It didnt install ie7, did I miss something? Does it have to be in unattended mode?

I use the SVCPACK.INF method. If you already have this configured just download IE7 update and put it in \I386\SVCPACK then edit \I386\SVCPACK.INF to include "IE7.exe /quick /udpate-no /no-default /nobackup /norestart" to the [setupHotfixesToRun]. It's better to put this at the top of the list and don't forget to include qchain.exe at the end of the list.

If you need more info, the SVCPACK method of installing Microsoft Updates is covered on the MSFN site.

This works well for me, but i'm still having trouble configuring IE7 for the "Default User". My approach has been to include user registry settings during execution of Cmdlines.txt, which are applied to "Default User". For IE7, some of the settings are retained (ie: first run page, home page, search providers, etc) but a few settings are overwritten for new users (phishing filter settings, intranet settings, etc).

Edited by _jd_

I'm still watching this thread and hoping someone else has a solution. Are third-party tools (nLite, HFSLIP, etc) really the only option to integrate IE7? If so, do they mess with the "Default User" just the same and does the "Personalized Settings" process still run when a new user logs in post-unattended?

Not looking to hi-jack the thread, just keeping discussion open.

Instead of adding the default IE7 installer from MS, download the IEAK7 and build a custom IE install

and add that instead. It should modify the settings you are looking for.

This works well for me, but i'm still having trouble configuring IE7 for the "Default User". My approach has been to include user registry settings during execution of Cmdlines.txt, which are applied to "Default User". For IE7, some of the settings are retained (ie: first run page, home page, search providers, etc) but a few settings are overwritten for new users (phishing filter settings, intranet settings, etc).

@Hi _jd_

I have installed perfectly IE7 via svcpack.inf but the problem i couldn´t install my applications via runonce, please would you tell me how did you do it ti install also the applications?

Thanks