Iexpress in all languages

Petr

For all international developers I have prepared Iexpress tools in all Windows 95, 98 and Me languages as they are specified at http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/referen...locversion.mspx

The zip file contains:

ADVPACK.DLL 6.00.2800.1106 - localized

IEXPRESS.EXE 6.00.2800.1106 - localized to 10 languages only: Brazilian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish.

MAKECAB.EXE 5.1.2600.1106 - always US English

W95INF16.DLL 4.71.704.0 - always US English

W95INF32.DLL 4.71.0016.0 - always US English

WEXTRACT.EXE 6.00.2800.1168 - localized

Most files are from ieak6sp1 for the specific language, wextract.exe is taken from MS updates, some languages has been added (Basque, Catalan, Slovak, Slovenian), some were corrected (Greek wextract.exe).

I hope everything will be OK:

Arabic

Basque

Brazilian

Catalan

Chinese (Simplified)

Chinese (Traditional)

Chinese (Hong Kong) - I never seen any Hong Kong version of IE or update

Czech

Danish

Dutch

English

Finnish

French

German

Greek

Hebrew

Hungarian

Italian

Japanese

Korean

Norwegian

Polish

Portuguese

Russian

Slovak

Slovenian

Spanish

Swedish

Turkish

Vietnamese - I never seen any Vietnamese version of IE or update

Enabled Windows 9x versions (Arabic, Hebrew, Thai) use US English version of Iexpress.

Installation instructions: Just unpack to any folder, add this folder to the path for your convenience, it is not necessary.

Petr

Edit [March 30 2010]:

Added mirror for all files above [4.58 MB, single ZIP]:

http://www.mdgx.com/files/IEXPRS60.ZIP

INF/SED/Iexpress info, guides + tools:

http://www.mdgx.com/add.htm#INF

Enjoy.

MDGx

Edited by MDGx

• 2 weeks later...

speaking of wextract.exe, where can i find version 5.50.4925.2200 of the wextract.exe file? some older IE patches were created from version 5.50.4925.2200 of wextract.exe

Edited by erpdude8

speaking of wextract.exe, where can i find version 5.50.4925.2200 of the wextract.exe file? some older IE patches were created from version 5.50.4925.2200 of wextract.exe

Probably in Microsoft labs only. It is possible to extract it from the iexpress package. Do you see any reason why to use this version?

Petr

• 1 year later...

Probably in Microsoft labs only. It is possible to extract it from the iexpress package. Do you see any reason why to use this version?

Petr

simply for experimental purposes, Petr. so how exactly do you extract version 5.50.4925.2200 of the wextract.exe file from certain iexpress packages?

-erpdude

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Thx just what I needed now.

I always had it on my system, somehow it was missing.

One of the most important tools btw for creating the Updates in former 9x times.

Also, when you have time, try the new IEAK 6.0 SP3 [from XP SP3 = all available languages]:

IEAK6SP3.ZIP (4.11 MB).

I've tested it extensively, and so far works 100%. This is the build I'm using now for all my IExpress-based installers. Works also under Vista, 2008 + 7, if the fix was created under 9x/NTx [95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP or 2003].

The only catch with newer Vista, 2008 + 7 IEAK 7/8/9 is:

installers created under Vista/2008/7 do *not* work under older 9x/NTx [95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, 2003] OSes. :(

[i'm sure there is a way to bypass this limitation, eventually a little known compatibility mode, but I need to install Win7 to experiment further.]

HTH