Links in tooltips

To show a link to a web site in the tool tips, you only have to change 1 thing: In the Options wizard -> Interface -> Tool tip style customization: Put a 3 in the 4th from last position.

Then in your item's Description just add the link code:

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 final step of installation. <A href='http://www.wpiw.net' target='_blank'>Home Page</A>

Be sure to include the target='_blank' so it opens in a new window.

Excellent tip mritter!!!

Will have to start using this whether it's linking to a web site or a readme file for the app.

Is there anyway to adjust some of the delays and side effects? Some of the tooltips end up not moving and display other data and/or sometimes seem very slow.

For now, I've added a right mouse click option to the app to invoke the new Style to "pin" the description tooltip. I'll send what I've done your way...definately needs some scrubbing if you plan on including it down the road.

To show a link to a web site in the tool tips, you only have to change 1 thing: In the Options wizard -> Interface -> Tool tip style customization: Put a 3 in the 4th from last position.

Then in your item's Description just add the link code:

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 final step of installation. <A href='http://www.wpiw.net' target='_blank'>Home Page</A>

Be sure to include the target='_blank' so it opens in a new window.

its definatly a nice ideal,, but i think it should definatly be pointed out that,, if the user is trying to point a link to a online address,, that it will not connect to that site unless,, there internet/drivers/isp are set up before hand

some users may just take it for granted and think wow if i just add this link ppl can click it and its site will pop up.. "not realising the Prerequisits

and in theory that will work,, but not if there internet drivers / isp isnt set up before hand