HOTFIXES: Win2000 SP4, WinXP SP2, WinXP SP3 and Win2003 SP2

**Added IE7 and WMP11 to base install**

Removed KB925486, KB924496, KB918899, KB917734 and KB917344 for WinXP SP2 because of IE7/WMP11.

I discover that with IE7, only 3 files from hotfix KB917344 are updated. All the others are updated by the hotfix: so, if KB917344 isn't installed, all the other files aren't updated.

Details:

Updated by IE7: ADVPACK.DLL (7.0.5730.11), jscript.dll (5.7.0.5730), vbscript.dll (5.7.0.5730).

Updated by KB917344 and NOT by IE7: cscript.exe, dispex.dll, jsit.dll, scoit.dll, scrobj.dll, scrrnit.dll, scrrun.dll, vbsit.dll, wscript.exe, wshcon.dll, wshext.dll, ws***.dll, wshom.ocx.

So, in my opinion, if you remove KB917344 because IE7, you will update only those 3 files, while all the others will remain those original from XP SP2. So, I think it is necessary not to remove KB917344.

Somebody agree with me? :)

If you have the old scripten.exe file, you are protected. The full version of 917344 (which included cscript.exe) still only updated jscript.dll. Your choice.

Also, the list will be updated later tonight.

the_guy

Anyone having trouble installing KB929969?

It has to be installed after IE7 (obviously)

I install IE7 in RunOnceEx and KB929969 right after it using /q /n /z as a switch. But it still appears in Windows Update.

Anyone having trouble installing KB929969?

It has to be installed after IE7 (obviously)

I install IE7 in RunOnceEx and KB929969 right after it using /q /n /z as a switch. But it still appears in Windows Update.

Wow i thought i was the only one having that problem me too i install IE7 first then the hotfixes using batch mode by this command

for %%i in (%systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes1\*.exe) do start /wait %%i /z /n /o /q

but like u i have KB929969 in my windows update

Edit i have found that kb929969 is different from this KB929969

it appears that there is one KB929969 for windows xp SP2 and another one by the same name for only Internet Explorer 7

So should we include both of them ?

Thanx in advance

Edited by TheCrowX

Edit i have found that kb929969 is different from this KB929969

it appears that there is one KB929969 for windows xp SP2 and another one by the same name for only Internet Explorer 7

So should we include both of them ?

Thanx in advance

KB929969 fix a problem in Internet Explorer all versions.

If you use IE6 you must use your first link.

If you have already installed IE7 use your second link.

edit: Must reboot system after IE7 setup before install KB929969.

Hi,

I was just wondering where you get your list of updates from. Do you just get them from Windows Update or do you search through all the available downloads from microsoft for them? The reason I ask is because I do the latter and find a lot of updates that aren't included in this topic.

Also, how do you determine if, for example, an update is IE6 or pre WMP 11 and hence you removed it? I've looked at the downloads and the security bulletin and couldn't see anything relating to that kind of thing.

Cheers,

Dez.

If I remember the method is WindowsUpdate.log parsing during a full Windows Update website update.

So this is the same list you see in Windows Update after a genuine windows xp sp2 install + wmp11 and ie7 installed.

then if i need to reboot there is no way i can include this hotfix right ?

My methode is batch mode

Thanx in advance

I think the only solution is to add it to RunOnce

Copy KB929969.exe to

$OEM$\$1\KB929969.exe

This will transfer the file to %systemdrive%

Then in your RunOnceEx.cmd

@echo off
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\GdiDetectionTool" /v "GDITool" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000001" /f
SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

REG ADD %KEY%30 /VE /D "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%30 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\dotnet2.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%40 /VE /D "Microsoft Internet Explorer 7" /f
REG ADD %KEY%40 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\IE7.exe /q" /f
REG ADD %KEY%40 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\KB929969.cmd" /f

REG ADD %KEY%50 /VE /D "Windows Media Player 11" /f
REG ADD %KEY%50 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\wmp11.exe /q" /f
REG ADD %KEY%50 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\KB920342.exe /q /n /z" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\999 /VE /D "SysPrep and Reboot" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\999 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Reboot.cmd" /f

EXIT

Your KB929969.cmd file should contain

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" /V KB929969.exe /q /n /z /D "%systemdrive%" /f

So on the next boot, it will automatically install it. Better yet, skip the kb929969.cmd and just include that line in your Reboot.cmd file.

Edited by Gee

Sorry guys

but i don't understand why the svcpack.inf, during

installation is asking me to click on "continue" at this hotfix: KB893803

KB893803.exe /q /n /z

and another hotfix (for windows media player) is doing the same thing,

but it just notice that my system restore is turned off, but how can be that? o.O

thanks for help!

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Hello. Awesome work!

But - is there a list of xpsp2 hotfixes for systems WITHOUT IE7? Hell, I am never gonna install that crap...

I understand this list is slightly different to IE6 installation.

What's the problem with IE7? With it and WMP11 at least you have less hotfixes to integrate.

10 updates today . XP Pro SP2 + IE7 + MP11 here.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB926436)

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft.

Update for Windows XP (KB931836)

Installing this update enables your computer to automatically adjust the computer clock on the correct date in 2007 due to revised Daylight Saving Time laws in many countries.

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - February 2007 (KB890830)

Security Update for Windows XP (KB928255) [921398 removed]

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB928843) [922616 removed]

Security Update for Windows XP (KB927802)

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB928090)

Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a system running Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB924667)

Security Update for Windows XP (KB927779)

A security issue has been identified in Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB918118)

Edited by oneless

So when is the first page going to be updated?

When I have time. I'm really busy right now. It should be updated this weekend.

One other note: The IE7 update in MS07-016 has a new version of iernonce.dll. Does anyone know if this version fixes the runonceex problem?

the_guy