HOTFIXES: Win2000 SP4, WinXP SP2, WinXP SP3 and Win2003 SP2

Hi the_guy. :hello:

How many Updates in the list of WinXP SP2 for now ?

if i not wrong. i think you should update the Number at the top of the list.

cuz it the same number befor August-28 ? :whistle:

Thanks in advance

Edited by NaDer_GenKO

Hi the_guy. :hello:

How many Updates in the list of WinXP SP2 for now ?

if i not wrong. i think you should update the Number at the top of the list.

cuz it the same number befor August-28 ? :whistle:

Thanks in advance

Thanks, fixed!

the_guy

Why is it that even after I installed this update, KB905474 Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications application (v1.7.0018.1), I still have to install Windows Genuine Advantage when I want to do updates? I thought the whole point of installing this update was to quickly go and get Windows update without installing the utility again?

Also, why does Windows Update tell me to install this update, Security Update for Windows XP (KB901190), even though it's not on the list?

Edited by Sgt_Strider

Why is it that even after I installed this update, KB905474 Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications application (v1.7.0018.1), I still have to install Windows Genuine Advantage when I want to do updates? I thought the whole point of installing this update was to quickly go and get Windows update without installing the utility again?

WGA != WGA Notifications... they're two different things, and MS doesn't have a "normal" download for WGA. You have to get it from the web site (or your browser cache, which I'm trying now...)

Also, why does Windows Update tell me to install this update, Security Update for Windows XP (KB901190), even though it's not on the list?

The KB article states that this patch will show up if you have the "Korean language Input Method Editor (IME)" on the Koreal Language edition of Windows, or if you have installed Microsoft Office Proofing Tools 2003 (English version) or Korean language versions of the Microsoft Office 2003 products. In either case, this list is based on the English version of Windows and doesn't include Office-based patches.

- John

Can someone tell me why Windows Update is telling me to install .Net Framework 2.0 security updates even though I have .NET Framework 3.0 installed. Do I have to install these updates?

Also, why is Windows Update now telling me to install the following updates even though this list doesn't list them:

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 6.0 and Microsoft XML Core Services 6.0 Service Pack 1 (KB933579), Update for Windows XP (KB934238), and February 2007 CardSpace Update for Windows XP (KB925720).

Thanks!

Edited by Sgt_Strider