HOTFIXES: Win2000 SP4, WinXP SP2, WinXP SP3 and Win2003 SP2

Hello,

I downloaded all the updates and used both nLite to integrate them, and the batch script availabe online. Every time I try building the image, it goes through the text setup, but when it tries restarting to go into the graphic part, it crashes with different messages every time. Sometimes it says there is not enough memory to run something, other times it shows a different message. I can't see them because it quits too fast. I have been testing my cd one step at a time to try and isolate the issue, and I can gurantee that it is the updates.

Other steps I have taken so far:

1) fully unattended install after text setup (works)

2) adding a user and disabling the admin account (works)

That's about it. I started on an already slipstreamed CD. Any ideas?

Hello,

I downloaded all the updates and used both nLite to integrate them, and the batch script availabe online. Every time I try building the image, it goes through the text setup, but when it tries restarting to go into the graphic part, it crashes with different messages every time. Sometimes it says there is not enough memory to run something, other times it shows a different message. I can't see them because it quits too fast. I have been testing my cd one step at a time to try and isolate the issue, and I can gurantee that it is the updates.

I'm having the same issue with my vanilla Spanish XP SP2, using HFSLIP or nLite for the integration makes no difference; it hangs and reboots again and again with those "not enough memory..." or "write error..." messages :blink::unsure:

Edited by Fox Mulder

Hello,

I'm having the same issue with my vanilla Spanish XP SP2, using HFSLIP or nLite for the integration makes no difference; it hangs and reboots again and again with those "not enough memory..." or "write error..." messages :blink::unsure:

Yup, those are the exact same messages I'm getting. Any ideas anyone?

I have a question:

All the updates for IE6 are not listed here, right?

I have a slight problem with that - I hate IE7 and don't even install it. I use Opera instead and only open IE for pages that don't work in Opera at all. So: is there any possibility to list updates for IE separately and include the IE6 ones as well, please? Pretty please?

Also: when I see in changes that some updates were removed, does that mean they no longer are of any use or are included in some new ones? Will it create any problems if I just keep adding the new ones and keep the old ones still?

Usually the IE6/IE7 patches are just folded into the pile as XP patches. I usually try to mark them separately to indicate what they are. Here's the list of what I have.

IE6-WindowsXP-KB929969-x86-ENU.exe

IE6-WindowsXP-KB933566-x86-ENU.exe

IE7-WindowsXP-KB928090-x86-enu.exe

IE7-WindowsXP-KB929969-x86-enu.exe

IE7-WindowsXP-KB931768-x86-enu.exe

IE7-WindowsXP-KB933566-x86-ENU.exe

when I see in changes that some updates were removed, does that mean they no longer are of any use or are included in some new ones?

Usually if you see an update removed out of a list, it's recognized that the update is old. Or, a newer patch includes the changes in the older patch.

Will it create any problems if I just keep adding the new ones and keep the old ones still?

No.

@Glenn: You hit everything on the nose. However, 2 of your IE7 patches are replaced. KB928090 is the cumulative update from February and KB931768 is the one from May. Both are replaced by KB933566.

the_guy

@Glenn: You hit everything on the nose. However, 2 of your IE7 patches are replaced. KB928090 is the cumulative update from February and KB931768 is the one from May. Both are replaced by KB933566.

I double-checked and agree with you about KB931768. However, KB928090 is required, as Microsoft made a big error in not including a file in the IE7 package in subsequent packages for it to be considered as "completely replaced".

corpol.dll is in:

KB928090-IE7 7.0.6000.16414

KB928090-IE7 7.0.6000.16414 7.00.6000.16414

(the first column is the update version and the second is the version of the file in the system (in this case windows/system32)

See

http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/in...hp/t559309.html

and also the post of: Thursday, May 10, 2007 12:52 AM by Michael Kraft at http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2007/05/0...w.aspx#comments

I find no indication that this file was rendered non-relevant, though I notice that Microsoft went and took out corpol.dll from 928090. Is the file rendered useless?

Of course, there are certain files only updated in the IE6 packages that seem to get used in IE7 (browseui.dll and shdocvw.dll) which still seem to be available to the end user (they're in windows/system32 after an upgrade to IE7). It'd be nice to get some answers, or at least some consistency. Right now it seems it's required for one to uninstall IE7 entirely and then update IE6 and then reinstall IE7 & updates to be fully updated. Silly, but seems true.

Edited by Glenn9999

I just got three files today through Windows Update for Windows XP SP2.

928365 and 928366 are updates for .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0. You can get the appropriate update for what you're running here:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms07-040.mspx

Then of course, 890830 shows up every month.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

I just got three files today through Windows Update for Windows XP SP2.

928365 and 928366 are updates for .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0. You can get the appropriate update for what you're running here:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms07-040.mspx

Then of course, 890830 shows up every month.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

for KB928365 and KB928366 the proper switch is /q

also here , on an intel sistem i have a new critical KB936357