HOTFIXES: Win2000 SP4, WinXP SP2, WinXP SP3 and Win2003 SP2

I think I installed all of the required updates as listed in the first thread for Windows XP Professional SP2 and yet when I go on Windows Update, the following list of updates still appear. Why? Another weird thing is that I installed .Net Framework 3 and there are updates for .Net Framework 2.

Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474)
Download size: 1.2 MB , less than 1 minute
The Windows Genuine Advantage Notification tool notifies you if your copy of Windows is not genuine. If your system is found to be a non-genuine, the tool will help you obtain a licensed copy of Windows. Details...
Don't show this update again

Update for Windows Media Format 11 SDK for Windows XP (KB929399)
Download size: 622 KB , less than 1 minute
Install this update to address the DRM subscriptions service’s inability to extract metering data from certain portable devices while attempting to synchronize metering data on a client computer running the Microsoft Windows Media Format 11 SDK. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Update for Windows XP (KB929338)
Typical download size: 725 KB , 1 minute
This is a reliability update. Install this update to improve the stability of computers running Windows XP. This update prevents some Stop 0x1a or Stop 0x0a errors. After you install this item, you will have to restart your computer. Details...

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - March 2007 (KB890830)
Download size: 6.4 MB , 1 minute
After the download, this tool runs once to check your computer for infection by specific, prevalent malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom) and helps to remove any infection found. If an infection is found, the tool will display a status report the next time you start your computer. A new version of the tool will be offered every month. If you want to manually run the tool on your computer, you can download a copy from the Microsoft Download Center or run an online version from microsoft.com. This tool is not a replacement for an anti-virus product. To help protect your computer, you should use an anti-virus product. Details...

February 2007 CardSpace Update for Windows XP (KB925720)
Typical download size: 152 KB , less than 1 minute
This update rollup for Windows includes the hotfixes for Windows CardSpace private desktop described in KB article 925720. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

MSXML 6.0 RTM Security Update (KB927977)
Download size: 889 KB , less than 1 minute
A vulnerability exists in the XMLHTTP ActiveX control within Microsoft XML Core Services that could allow for remote code execution Details...

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB922770)
Download size: 2.2 MB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system running the Microsoft .NET Framework and gain access to restricted data. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB917283)
Download size: 755 KB , less than 1 minute
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system running the Microsoft .NET Framework and gain access to restricted data. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Details...

Security Update for Windows XP (KB901190)

It would be great if someone can explain to me why these updates still appear. Thanks!

This one KB926251 is not present in the head of the topic.

Windows Media Player 10 error message on a Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based computer: "A more recent version of Windows Media Player is already installed"

Because list is based on WinXP SP2 + WMP11 + IE7 source ... so no WMP9 / WMP 10 updates needed , neither MCE updates too ...

I don't have WMP11 installed and I have a plain Windows XP SP2 - it's not MCE.

Here's my setup: WinXP SP2 + ryanvm update + ie7. I suppose most people here 1) have already updated to IE7 2) do not run WMP11 ;-) - this is exactly my configuration.

NET. framework 2 is included in the install of NET 3 however this version of NET 2 is not a patched version so patches for net 2 are required.

I'm not sure if I understand you. So you're saying that I do need to install those patches because .NET Framework 3 uses an older version of .NET Framework 2?

What about the other patches?

The NET framework 2 that is included in The NET framework 3 install is the version as if you just downloaded NET 2 from microsoft and installed that. Both the NET 2 you download from microsoft and the NET 2 that is installed along with NET 3 need the NET framework 2 patches.

The NET framework 2 that is included in The NET framework 3 install is the version as if you just downloaded NET 2 from microsoft and installed that. Both the NET 2 you download from microsoft and the NET 2 that is installed along with NET 3 need the NET framework 2 patches.

What about the other patches that I listed?

Hey Everyone!

I have been out of the slipstreaming of OS's for a year and a half and I am getting back into it.

I am creating an MCE 2005 Disc and am looking for a complete Hotfix list for MCE (To make sure I get all the updates included).

Does anyone have one or know if one exists or am I missing it?

Thanks in Advance!

You can use the list on the first post.

After check on WU what's updates needed for MCE, they are little (excuse me for my language ^^)

But I think on the web (and perhaps on the forum ^^) there is a list for mce but I don't know where ...

You can use the list on the first post.

After check on WU what's updates needed for MCE, they are little

Thank you so much. I will give that a try and see where it takes me.

I will post my results as I don;t think anyone has complied a complete list of MCE Hotfixes yet. I couldn't Google any results either...