Naming of %HOMEPATH% changed

hbinded

Hi, I have one quick question. After using nlite to make my unattended install, I noticed that the name of my %HOMEPATH% folder (which in my case is supposed to be C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator" ) had changed into "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.INFECTED" INFECTED is the name of my computer.

I had some folders and files in "$OEM$\$Docs\Administrator\My Documents\Projects" which were supposed to be copied over during install but they weren't. So I was wondering what could have caused this? and how can I avoid the renaming of the said folder?

Thanks!

you could have

have them copyed over at the runonce part of windows

when windows boots up for the frist time

it will move the files that being copyed like

c:\mystuff\docs\username\docs\ to c:\doc n settings\username\doc\

Edited by ZcWorld

• 2 weeks later...

If you look at the Documents and Setting tree, you will see that there is a branch called "Administrator" and "Administrator.INFECTED". Your $OEM$ copied files are in the "Adminstrator" branc.

It seems that when the install sees the account already exists (IE from its creation in the $OEM$\$Docs) it creates a new one by suffixing the computer name on the end. This is probably an attempt to keep files and setting from being overwritten by a new install.

The same thing happens on a network with a domain, if you log onto a fresh install with the local administrator account first and then a domain administrator account you'll have two folders starting with administrator but the second will be suffixed with the domain of the account. It's just the way windows deals with two accounts with the same name.