RISing DELL C521

We run a RIS setup to rollout new computers to our medium sized business.

It's all been running very successfully until we purchased 7 new C521 Dell AMD based PC's.

Dell have made some major changes on this model and we are having massive problems.

The model contains the following:

Nvidia Geforce 6130 Video Card

Nvidia SMBus

Sigmatel 92XX C-Major HD Audio

Each of the items above will not install using the supplied drivers from Dell using the risstndrd.sif file

Has anyone successfully installed any of these items via ris or unattended? Anyone have anything helpful to assist?

Thanks in advance,

MrL

• 1 month later...

I am also having some problems. We just got a fleet of Lattitude D520 laptops, and we use RIS to do our installs. The only problem for me is the Sigmatel Audio. I know the UAA Bus Driver must be installed first, but that doesn't really help when you're doing it via RIS.

Any solutions would be welcomed.

Ok, so for the Sigmatel HD Audio, you have to install the UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) Drivers first. Now, unfortunately, you have to contact Microsoft to download them.

It's the KB888111 article - (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111). Conact them, slip stream this goodness and away you go.

Now, as for your other queries, I'm afraid I can't help yet.

• 1 month later...
Ok, so for the Sigmatel HD Audio, you have to install the UAA (Universal Audio Architecture) Drivers first. Now, unfortunately, you have to contact Microsoft to download them.

It's the KB888111 article - (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111). Conact them, slip stream this goodness and away you go.

Now, as for your other queries, I'm afraid I can't help yet.

The problem i see is that it will not automatically install. You actually have to click on next and let it search. it will find it and then install it. Anyone get this to work to have it install automatically? I have this same problem trying to install the soundmax audio drivers on an Optiplex 745. Really annoying.