Adobe Acrobat 8.0 - information thread

moonman

Hi

Couldn't find IStuner for Acrobat 8. Tried to use v7.

But with IStuner, there ist a ITW-File needed. I can't find it in my source-dir of acrobat 8 (testversion). there is no such file. Only the "abcpy.ini". But I want to create a transform-file to pre-configure the whole thing like Adobe Reader 7.0.

any hints?

many thanks

I'll get a call from technical support on monday concerning the Adobe Licence Manager. Unfortunately there seems to be no way to run Acrobat 8 without Licence Manager located either locally or at Adobe. I hate that sh** :realmad:

Next Photoshop etc. will also be using ALM...

I managed to install silently without using the Adobe customization Wizard wich isnt out yet.

i just added my serial number to the Abcpy.ini file and launch it with the following switches.

INSTALLATION

Abcpy.ini

[OEM Install]
ISX_SERIALNUMBER=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Switches

AcroPro.msi /qb /norestart UNITYSELECTION=RETAIL SERIALNUMBERTEMP=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

it doesnt display any activation window. installs completely silent. the activation window is triggered the first time you run the program and you can activate it. however, i didnt find any traces of the activation in order to add it silently after the setup. i will uninstall it then make snapshots to see if i find something.

ACTIVATION

i made some snapshots and this is what i have found so far:

1) after activation, it created the file AUMProduct.aup in this path Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\AMT

i think this was created by the adobe updater as it is launched the first time you open acrobat.

2) a registry key named bActivated=dword:00000001 was created here HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\8.0\AVGeneral

i think this is just a flag so it can know wether it is activated or not.

3) a registry key is created here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macrovision\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService

it has binary data so i think this is the activation information on this machine.

i will deactivate and make some tests to see if i can activate it using just this reg keys.

TWEAKS

* the FLEXNet Licensing Service can be set to manual so it doesnt run on startup. however, everytime acrobat starts it launches the service.

after closing acrobat, the service is closed too. so we can use a reg file to to make the service run a manual basis.

* you can disable the three startup items it adds. i didnt notice any slowdowns and when clicking on a PDF file a process named AcrobatInfo.exe

is launched so you can access that pdf file's information if it has some embedded. after a while the process is closed automatically. i like this behavior

when disabling the startup items so you can save some ram if you are limited on it.

the adobe customization wizard i think will help on the activation but as it isnt out yet i think we can find a way to activate it silently.

post any tweaks, suggestions you may have. i will keep testing it and post any results.

Edited by elajua

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...