Missing "Show Desktop" icon after cd creation.

~Snowdog~

Hello everyone,

I have just joined the forum today and i love the nlite program!!

I did however come across 1 glitch.

After adding IE7 and Windows media player 11 to my already slipstreamed sp2 xp cd. I noticed that the show desktop icon was no longer available.

Anyone else experience this issue?

Thanks

Snowdog

u can recover it by create a dektop.txt file in C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\ and put inside:

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

then rename the file desktop.scf

Edited by blank

Thank you for the fix but i already know how to fix the missing show desktop icon. What i would like to know if there is a bug in nlite program that caused that glitch.

I did no tweaks within the nlite program. all i did was add IE7 and Windows media Player 11 along with the unattended setup.

I used nlite addon maker to create the cab file for Media player final 11 using the switch command /Q:A /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore (works flawlessly by the way)

Snowdog

here

never select it!

Thx for ur brilliant idea! I don't know this will work but last time I choose this option without the "show desktop icon" removed. May be it's the reason. will try it soon and someone pls confirm this and give feedback here.

I did not do any tweaks to my unattended setup so this option was not available to me.

All I did was add IE7 & Windows media player 11.

My original setup i did tweaks and all...so i redid my setup up and did just IE7 and WMP11 and unattended setup...still the problem occured.

Snowdog

• 1 month later...