WinPE 2.0 - Trying to Load .hta

styxx_78

Hi guys,

I have been using previous versions of WinPE for a while in our corporate environment but am now looking into upgrading our deployment tools to WinPE 2.0

Currently we have a .hta that launches and provides a menu of choices where a technician may log on to the domain and launch installs of XP SP2 and additional applications.

I have created a basic WinPE 2.0 from the Winpe.wim as per the following instructions:

Customizing WinPE 2.0

I was successful in creating a ISO image with no extra drivers or packages that booted without error.

I then tried creating a WinPE disc with the following packages: HTA, SRT, Scripting. This ISO also booted without error.

On my 3rd try I re-created the disc with the above packages and added my .hta menu to the STARTNET.CMD.

When my disc booted up the menu launched but did not have the proper menu button names and I received multiple error windows with no error information in it.

The dialoague was to say "Yes" or "Cancel" but neither option would close the window. At this point, non of the other windows were accesible even though they were tiled and you could see them. Basically it was frozen and nothing could be done.

Has anyone else tried adding a .hta to your disc and were you successful?

I am going to try and adding all of the other available pack-in packages and see if that helps.

Any other suggestions?

styxx

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a different problem.

After WinPE launch, I map a network drive and when trying to lauch HTA I get an "Access Denied" error.

When launching a vbs from that network drive I get de "Access Denied" error again. But...if I try to launch the vbs using the command wscript vbs than it works!

Any ideas about this "Access Denied" error?

[EDITED]

Sorry, my mistake, after launching the HTA using mshta.exe htafile the problem is solved.

Edited by SoultakerPT

I was able to load my local HTA that I put on my WinPE CD. But after mapping a drive on the network and trying to load another HTA I also get the "Access is denied" error.

I tried to use the command mshta.exe <htaname> but nothing happened, although there was no "Access is denied" was not returned either.

Any other thoughts?

• 2 months later...