INf install for graphic mode how to

the reg way is easier, simply because if it is a normal reg file, nothing fancy about it at all, what could be simpler than writing a standard reg file

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\zz110]   <---This is the reg key

"1"="C:\\Install\\Copy.cmd"  <---This is the command, the same as a batch apart from the double slashes between directories

@="Copying Files Needed For Setup" <---This is the caption seen on the screen

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\zz120]

"1"="C:\\Install\\screensaver.vbs"

@="Disabling Screensaver"

That is all there is to it, exactly the same as any other registry entry, the only difference being the extra caption entry

though it is not neccesary i have started at zz110 for the simple fact it affects the running order less Ie: if you used zz1 zz2 zz3 the order of install would be zz1 zz10 zz11 ----zz19 zz2, so that is the reason for that, but you can use zz001 zz002 zz003 and that would install in the right order

huh???? why is it spamming, if i remember rightly you told us all about the wonderfull :excited: inf method in my topic, just repaying the favour...lol...

and will you stop telling everyone your way is easier, that is what i meant before about you leading people over to your way, that is the difference between me and you, i let people decide, you dictate...........

• 2 weeks later...

What is this...

[Del.AdvSetup]
HKLM,%RunOnce%setup,"Installing Shell Toy",0,""

is it necessary to have this in the inf.

---

and this...

Startup Control Panel v2.8...",    

I'm just curious to know it it is.... I guess I could just search for it :)

huh???? why is it spamming, if i remember rightly you told us all about the wonderfull :excited:  inf method in my topic, just repaying the favour...lol...

and will you stop telling everyone your way is easier, that is what i meant before about you leading people over to your way, that is the difference between me and you, i let people decide, you dictate...........

Someone sounds bitter :) I personally still use batch files to install everything because I'm lazy. My way is the easiest for me. Both your ways are great, but does it really matter what your UNATTENDED install looks like? You're not gunna be there watching it when you use it are you? lol

• 3 weeks later...

could you or somebody possibly post a screen shot of what this looks like?

when does this run.....during teh cmdlines.txt i understand. But do the commands get started at the point as well, or when Windows does its final startup after setup?

ie. Does Acrobat install at the point of cmdlines, or GUIRunonce?

• 2 years later...

I'm a bit confused...

To execute runonceex the same time as cmdlines.txt, should I put

"RunDll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 0 .\Setup.inf"

or

rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

?