nLite 'crashes' at finishing step

virtlink

I'm using nLite 1.2.1 to modify a copy of Windows XP Professional x64, but nLite crashes when it reaches the last step ("Finalizing"). It crashes by notifying me that "nLite - Windows Deployment Tool has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost." after which nLite is stopped.

The next time I start nLite, I try to select the previously modified files at which nLite displays a message stating that it detected an unfinished nLite operation (propably because of the existance of the nl_proc.log file in the amd64 directory).

I used the files copied from a brand new Windows XP Professional x64 disk, and I added some drivers, hotfixes, removed some unnescessary components (like Games and Movie Maker), set some (not all) settings to make the installation simpeler (not nescessarily unattended) and set some settings on the 'tweaks' page. I have attached the (Dutch) Last Settings.ini file to this post.

Is there some log which could tell me what the last operation was which nLite performed before crashing?

What operations does nLite perform in the "Finalizing" step? Is the (unfinished) Windows XP x64 disk safe to be used in a production environment or may we encounter (strange) errors later on?

Thanks in advance

Laatste_Sessie.ini

• 14 years later...

Hello,I have same problem I want to create a windows xp Unoffcial version like Michael MJD,See this link to Go to that Unoffcial video available on youtube

Link:-

He is using Nlite Can you see I am also

I also Done reinstalling and uninstalling I have done this 10 times but same

pls Reply me Here to help me if any solution Because i am searching on google and youtube for solution but no solution.Pls Help

Thank you

Edited by Wingamer