To remove dust and dirt

gamehead200

I went to RadioShack tonight and decided to pick up some cans of dust and dirt cleaners (compressed gas duster)...

I used this on one of my dirty keyboards that probably had a biohazard :) ...Although this duster gets rid of the dirt on the keys only, it worked great for me...The only thing I couldn't get rid of was the dirt beneath the keys...

I would definitely recommend this product: Kensington Duster II

Even though it says "Removes Dust and Dirt from Electronic Equipment.", I'm not going to take a chance cleaning the inside of my computer...

My dad thought this product worked so well, that he wants me to buy a few more cans, go to his office, and clean the keys on his phones and keyboards connected to his crappy Dells! :rolleyes:

i use a much simpler technique. I just push my lips togeather, and blow :D

Yea, but this stuff literally freezes the key, and gives moisture to the keyboard, so you can actually wipe that dry dirt right off! :)

I used this on my laptop keyboard and it worked great! :rolleyes:

Yea, but this stuff literally freezes the key, and gives moisture to the keyboard, so you can actually wipe that dry dirt right off! :)

If you're going to use an AirDuster, DON'T hold the can sideways. Leave it upright, then it will just release air and not the liquid that freezes your keys.

Note: It IS safe to use for the inside of your box as long as you KEEP IT UPRIGHT!

hmm, i just use vacoom cleaner with 'dust' brush.

works perfect for me.

and for sticky dirt i use the spray for windows (glass windows that is :rolleyes: ), same for the screen (for laptop and LCD )

You want to get some wet wipes for LCD monitors as the screen is soft (unless you have a glass screen) :)

You want to get some wet wipes for LCD monitors as the screen is soft (unless you have a glass screen)  :)

actually i once checked with the distributor of the cleaning equipment for computers, and he said that for CRT monitor the special stuff you can get in the store is good, but for laptop, LCD i should use the usual windows cleaner (spraying it on the napkin and cleaning the screen), so that what i do :rolleyes:

I take a piece of paper or index card...fold in several times..so it fits tight between the keys..put some rubbing alcohol on the paper..and run it between the keys from left to right and back..several time..works great..then take a cotton Q-Tip and finish it off. :)

My dad thought this product worked so well, that he wants me to buy a few more cans, go to his office, and clean the keys on his phones and keyboards connected to his crappy Dells! :rolleyes:

Hey, Get off the crappy Dells!!!

:)

:D:D

If you're going to use an AirDuster, DON'T hold the can sideways. Leave it upright, then it will just release air and not the liquid that freezes your keys.

Note: It IS safe to use for the inside of your box as long as you KEEP IT UPRIGHT!

Yea, I realized that...The liquid came out and went all over my keyboard...But no damage was done...Now I know what not to do! :D