which 5 components are needed for IE7 compatibility?

tsk

Network: Internet Explorer

Operating System Options: IE Core, Logon Notification

Services: Automatic Updates & System Event Notification

Ahhh so that explains why IE 7 does not work. Darn I have to keep automatic update. Can anyone confirm that? I hate Auto anything.

Also Nuhi can you add what parts are saved when you check those combatability boxes. That would help a lot.

Yes, Automatic Updates service is needed. When I removed it and then tried to install IE7, it just did not instal. I also hate everything auto, so I hate this service as well, since I download updates manually. I tried to remove WU files from System32 after installing everything, but when reg cleaner finished its job, IE7 even did not run.

Edited by TheTOM_SK

> I removed it and then tried to install IE7

you mean (tried to) install IE7 after post-OS install OR integrating with nLite?

I was just about to ask WTH AU have to do with IE7?

And what are side effects of removing Logon Notification and System Event Notification IE7-wise?

Edited by tsk

you mean (tried to) install IE7 after post-OS install OR integrating with nLite?

When AU service is removed with nLite, IE7 will not instal after WinXP setup.

AU service can not be removed, when IE7 is integrated, nLite denies it itself.

I was just about to ask WTH AU have to do with IE7?

I guess, that IE uses windows update manager to instal, but neither I do not understand, why it is required for IE7 in order to run it. confused.gif

And what are side effects of removing Logon Notification and System Event Notification IE7-wise?

I would like to know too, maybe some functions, I am not aware of, will not work.

Edited by TheTOM_SK

> Yes, Automatic Updates service is needed.

this sucks big time - why did MS introduce this stupid dependancy?

:(

EDIT: haven't seen TheTOM_SK post at the time of posting.

Edited by tsk

Does this issue occur with direct integration or only with SVCpack? I mean if you leave off Auto update and direct integrate, will IE 7 work?

Duh you did answer that .. Nlite denies.. I'm to tired today.

Edited by Madhits45

• 2 weeks later...

the auto update service (we're talking the service, right?) is needed whether u'll be using auto update (the program) or not...both MU and WU require it to check for updates, even when u manually visit those sites (not so sure about WU)...

i keep auto updates either disabled, or set to notify, depending on whether it's my main system, or a secondary one...but the service itself (in services.msc) is set to auto start...

SENS is needed for...ok, i have no idea...i always disabled that service (but not remove it), until i started getting errors in the system event log whenever a user logged in...re-enabling the service stopped those errors...i never noticed anything broken because of it, probly just windows complaining...

and logon notification is...i have no idea what that's for...then again, this is windows we're talking about here...it could be anything... :lol: