New ide raid drivers for install LOOK INSIDE

webmedic

I don't have a problem with my tweaked BIOS neither with my RAID.

After i tweaked my mobo bios it works even better.

And i don't have a problem with my 2 80GB stripped Disks on the raid

When i install XP from the original cd, i don't have a problem with F6 and installing my RAID drivers at the beginning of setup.Everything works fine.

The problem is that when i made my unattended cd i can press F6, insert my RAID disk and XP recognizes my controller. the problem is that when setup starts to copy the setup files from the cd, can't find my files from the disk!!!!!!!

This is because you can't install raid/scsi drivers with unattended setup????

I've read that somewhare, so i'm trying to find a way to integrade them.

The link for the drivers i use is : http://www.anycities.com/user/treiber/prom...ixed/230b14.zip

my raid is identified as : FastTrak276_xp="WinXP Promise FastTrak TX2000 Controller (PDC20276)", FastTrak

url is bad and I already have driver for that include in my droivers cab unless you vender has changfed the id strings which is why generic lines alike abovbe dont always work. Those do work on my hardware however.

MY email is bah at webmedic dot net. for those that need it.

as for not needing lal that all that I need is the inf file for most drivers to add them.

@djus sorry I jsut got back to were I can add them I take one day off a week and yesterday was it.

thansk guys for your support, the thing is that the code that offered from cheesehead worked fine for me!!!!!!!!!!!

The only problem is that when the setup finished and pc rebooted for the first time, then reboots automatically every time it starts to load!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there is a problem with the raid integraded or something else???????

well that is hte same method I use if you gett it working post you rresults to the other thread so we can keep working sets for as many systems as possible.

now did you make sure to add your raid drivers to your oempnpodriver path in your winnt.sif also make sure that it is listed after your motherboard drivers and before your video card drivers in the winnt.sif for the path.

well that is hte same method I use if you gett it working post you rresults to the other thread so we can keep working sets for as many systems as possible.

now did you make sure to add your raid drivers to your oempnpodriver path in your winnt.sif also make sure that it is listed after your motherboard drivers and before your video card drivers in the winnt.sif for the path.

Well well, this is funny to say, because i noticed that my pc reboots immediately afetr it loads the agpXXX.XXX driver

Seen that when tried to start in safe mode.

And you are right i load my raid drivers at the end of my oempnpodriver path

Many thanks, i'll burn another image right now to see what happens...

i'll keep you informed of my tragedy going on a week so.....

Well i put my Raid drivers after my mobo drivers and before my graphic card at the oempnpdrivers path in winnt.sif, but the same problem remains...

My system reboots continuously after loading agp440.xxx driver

i've got another pc with no Raid on it, and i have no such problem!!!

Any idea????

My graphic card is a Gigabyte Radeon 9600 PRO!

Can this be a Radeon conflict error, haven't tried not to integrade graphic card drivers yet, i'll try that tomorrow.........

yes that would be my next guess as I have never seen this with the raid drivers it simply will not see your raid controler if the drivers for it do not work.

I'm guessing here but I if you have access to a program that can check the ram on your video card you may want to check that.

I'm not sure that the graphic card is faulty, because my normal installed XP works just fine, my 2 other primary partitions with 2000 works also just fine.

And i don't have any problems or locks when running games.

I'll try to test my graphic card, but my guess is that the Catalyst drivers for my Radeon doesn't install correctly when integraded.

I'll make a new unattended cd with no graphic card integraded and i'll tell you...

@djus I'm sorry but  I don't seem to be able to find your email.  If you could email me just your inf file. That would be great.

thx, but you have it allready in your IDE_RAID!

My controler is: WinXP Promise MBUltra133 (PDC20276) IDE Controller

And I did all you recomend but it wont work for me :)

XP cant find my HD`s and will not install !

If I put one HD on IDE1(ata100) not raid controler XP install works fine.

XP showes only one HD in the begining of install proces, but on the end after reboot theres HD2 and raid controler in Device Manager present.

So I did everthing acording to your recomendation and it works, but to late in the process :rolleyes:

I wish to instal XP on HD conected to raid controler (udma133), but this is with your method not posiblle.

I hope you did unterstand me, my eng spelling is bad.

thx

Djus

I Slipstreaming my raid driver (promise MBfasttrak 133 lite) into windows, but under installing windows, i am unable to see any harddrives connect to raid controller. shoud I also copy the driver.cab posted in this thred ?

I think i understand yes. If  Iunderstand correctly you need to check in your bios and make sure that it is set to boot from your raid and not from your regular ide drives.

hi

no you dont understand :rolleyes: , but newer mind.

I have the same prob as kjonas for examplle!

Ones again:

I did set my bios to boot from raid controler and nothing happens :D

I have tested something else and put one of my HD`s on normal IDE and the other one on raid.

XP boots an finds the HD conected to normal IDE not the one conected to raid controler.

I have installed XP on HD conected to normal IDE and on the end of intsall after first reboot in Device Manager my raid controler shows up.

So what the f..ck is that?!

So the quastion is why is XP not finding my HD`s conected to raid controler??

And I dl your *.cab and did all you recomended in your first post!!!!

I hope you did understand me this time :)

greets

Djus :/

ok yes I did. I have recieved a few different raid controler driver packs other the last few weeks and have tried to impliment the oines I have found. There have been a few motherboards that have not worked correctly though. I'm not sure ofr hte reason for this.

Did you try the method posted in the other thread I showed on how to integrate it yourself?

At any rate if you have or not if you could send the files you use to me I'll try to impliment them.

bah at webmedic dot net is my email

sorry if you have already sent them to me but I may not have them. I have a spoam filter that sometimes gets the good stuff also but gets rid of about 200 spam email a day from my inbox.