New ide raid drivers for install LOOK INSIDE

webmedic

ah yes that will mess up the drivers in graphical mode. as for text mode though he is missing allot fo the driver id strings. I have already added those to my txtesetup.sif and if none of those are laoding the driver for yourr hardware then The problem is somepalce else.

Does this hard drive controller work at all? Have you tried it after windows was already running. Also you could do it this way palce the drivers under drivers and have them referenced like you do now in your winnt.sif and then use your floppy to load the drivers at the very begining of text mode.

What this will do is by putting the drivers under drivers you will have access to them durring graphical mode setup. The floppy would then allow for the use of them durring text mode. If the floppy method works at all then we at least know that the drivers are correct. If it does not work then we now you have the wrong drivers for your hardware or your hard drive controler is dead.

the one you have is different than the one that he has but if you want to send a copy of your drivers my way I'll add them to the bunch.

Hi

you didnt meant me, but I send you a mail with a copy of my ultra.inf

I have Promise MBUltra133 (PDC20276) its a raid/ata133 controler.

It would be grate if you manage to integrate this to.

thx a milion

Djus :)

Hi webmedic

I did try your way and it will not work :) , and sorry you have allready implemented my arid controler.

Your files can only work post install, not on boot!

If I set in bios one HD on ide1 and second on raid/ata133 PC will boot and install xp on ide1, second HD wont be recognised.

But on the end on reboot the second HD on raid controler will be present.

That not much, Im doing that verry long time, I hoped your way is for boot :rolleyes:

So, my wish is to boot and install xp on my HD`s on raid/ata133, ide1 deactivated!

Without F6, or floppy.

If this is posiblle plz let us know.

Greets

Djus :/

hm interestng what kind of motherboard do you have? I have this exact same driver working correctly here on an aopen board. My only problem is with the board itself as if I add any other ata133 devices to the regular hard drive controllers it looses the promise controller and also the promise controller does not find the sata drive correctly. These issues are not with the drivers though it is a motherboard issue .

Considering I see simmilar issues with a soltek board also I would be willing to state that there are problem with the promise on a motherboard level. Also to note is that the ones that seem to be used on msi boards are not correct in some way. They are failed raid controlers with the id strings of the raid controlers but load the fast track controler instead( a regualr ata 133 driver). To me there is something wrong with promise sata controlers and it is a very bad thing. If you can avoid it like the plague for sata controlers.

Here in my shop I have tested this on gigabyte, soltek, aopen, abit, epox, and shuttle boards It works fine on all of these accpet for the motherboard issues stated above.

I dont buy asus boards (accept occasionaly when a customer special orders one or I'm testing them for use here in the shop) due to issues(mostly over priced for the level of quality) and msi (no serious issues with them and I used to sell them but they have not been good lately)are not much better. I hear lots of other things from regular users but quite frankly they dont work with as many of these systems as I do and could care less if a few users have had good boards when the majority of them have issues. There is one other word of caution I very rarely will deal with gigabyte or fic as thier boards are just plain bugy(occasionaly they have a good one). They have probelms you cant rma them for but are still bothersome.

Epox have been some of the most trouble free and good performing board I get. I have also had good use out of ecs for the low end board. For the price they have the same level of quality as asus and are about half the price. They are usually more stable also; however they are slower than asus. Abit has been good wen I have had them but I was unfortunate enough to sell alot of them when they had bad caps and so I dont sell them much anymore.

Now back to the issues at hand. I got your drivers and will look at them but I do believe they are already in there.

Well i've got the same problem with you all. First of all i have a Gigabyte 8PE667Ultra motherboard with ata133/RAID function.

And i've installed a tweaked BIOS from http://lumberjacker.kettenfett.com/

so my "light" raid controller upgraded to a full RAID functional Promise TX2000

RAID Controller.

After i made my unattended XP cd, i can't install windows because after pressing F6 at the beginning windows don't let me install my raid drivers.

:) And i can't find a way to integrad them to my setup.

I've tried everything, and i mean everything........ :rolleyes:

If you could helpme i would be greatfull

well if you cant even do it by f6 it means you dont have the proper drivers in the first place. Just because your hardware thinks it is raid does not mean your drivers will.

You know each device like this has it own device and vendor id's. When you mess with this stuff you are asking for it. Fisrt off your divice will still show up with it's original device id but now since it has been hacked it will no longer have the proper drivers to go along with it's device id.

Having said that if you can find a set of drivers that even work from a flopy then i can impliment them for you. If you cant even find any drivers that work with it then there is not much I can do.

Also to mention that motherboard makers also use very strange verions of the chips that have non standard device id's. I have seen this with msi and Aopen. Shuttle soltek and epox did not do any of these things and were very easy to use. I even use my raid devices on the shuttle board with a high point controler. I'm able to install directly to these devices and run windows from the start on it. The epox would be the same but I have linux installed on it.

I would suggest from what I have seen with many motherboards here to stay away from promise controler based motherboards as the promise controlers have issues to begin with and are not normal. They have very strange device strings that dont identify themselves correctly.

I would guess that promise is selling broken raid controlers to motherboard makers as simple ide controlers instead. If you do try ot use it as raid even though it is broken you may pay for it with your data.

Still if you can find drivers for it I'll add them for you.

hm interestng what kind of motherboard do you have? I have this exact same driver working correctly here on an aopen board. My only problem is with the board itself as if I add any other ata133 devices to the regular hard drive controllers it looses the promise controller and also the promise controller does not find the sata drive correctly. These issues are not with the drivers though it is a motherboard issue .

Considering I see simmilar issues with a soltek board also I would be willing to state that there are problem with the promise on a motherboard level. Also to note is that the ones that seem to be used on msi boards are not correct in some way. They are failed raid controlers with the id strings of the raid controlers but load the fast track controler instead( a regualr ata 133 driver). To me there is something wrong with promise sata controlers and it is a very bad thing. If you can avoid it like the plague for sata controlers.

Here in my shop I have tested this on gigabyte, soltek, aopen, abit, epox, and shuttle boards It works fine on all of these accpet for the motherboard issues stated above.

I dont buy asus boards (accept occasionaly when a customer special orders one or I'm testing them for use here in the shop) due to issues(mostly over priced for the level of quality) and msi (no serious issues with them and I used to sell them but they have not been good lately)are not much better. I hear lots of other things from regular users but quite frankly they dont work with as many of these systems as I do and could care less if a few users have had good boards when the majority of them have issues. There is one other word of caution I very rarely will deal with gigabyte or fic  as thier boards are just plain bugy(occasionaly they have a good one). They have probelms you cant rma them for but are still bothersome. 

Epox have been some of the most trouble free and good performing board I get. I have also had good use out of ecs for the low end board. For the price they have the same level of quality as asus and are about half the price. They are usually more stable also; however they are slower than asus. Abit has been good wen I have had them but I was unfortunate enough to sell alot of them when they had bad caps and so I dont sell them much anymore.

Now back to the issues at hand. I got your drivers and will look at them but I do believe they are already in there.

Motherboard:

Motherboard:

CPU Type Intel Pentium 4A, 2133 MHz (4 x 533)

Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-8IRXP (6 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 CNR, 3 DIMM, Audio, LAN)

Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i845D

System Memory 512 MB (DDR SDRAM)

BIOS Type Award Modular (09/27/02)

Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)

Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)

Display:

Video Adapter GeForce4 Ti 4200 (64 MB)

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 (64 MB)

3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200

Monitor Default Monitor (039370724)

Monitor Medion MD1998LC (039370724)

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter Creative SB Live! 5.1 Sound Card

Storage:

Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive

Disk Drive Maxtor 6 Y060L0 SCSI Disk Device (60 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)

Disk Drive MAXTOR 6L040J2 (40 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)

Optical Drive AXV CD/DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device (Virtual DVD-ROM)

Optical Drive LITE-ON LTR-48125W (48x/12x/48x CD-RW)

Optical Drive TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-M1712 (16x/48x DVD-ROM)

Partitions:

C: (NTFS) 10001 MB (6504 MB free)

D: (NTFS) 6000 MB (2458 MB free)

E: (NTFS) 6000 MB (1819 MB free)

F: (NTFS) 8001 MB (45 MB free)

G: (NTFS) 8157 MB (1731 MB free)

J: (NTFS) 14998 MB (4280 MB free)

K: (NTFS) 14998 MB (1967 MB free)

L: (NTFS) 14001 MB (1872 MB free)

M: (NTFS) 14645 MB (1339 MB free)

--------[ Debug - PCI ]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B02 D0C F00: Promise PDC20276 MBFastTrak133 Lite IDE RAID Controller

Offset 00: 5A 10 75 52 07 00 30 04 01 85 04 01 08 20 00 00

Offset 10: 01 B0 00 00 01 B4 00 00 01 B8 00 00 01 BC 00 00

Offset 20: 01 C0 00 00 00 00 00 DA 00 00 00 00 58 14 01 B0

Offset 30: 00 00 00 00 60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 12 01 04 12

Offset 40: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Offset 50: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Offset 60: 01 00 21 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Offset 70: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Offset 80: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Offset 90: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Offset A0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Offset B0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Offset C0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Offset D0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Offset E0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Offset F0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is, all about my MB & hardware.

You realy can boot with raid/ata controler and XP finds the HD drives?!

If I try that XP says no drives found F3 :)

If I put them(driver) on CD same thing, but if I put the driver and winnt.sif on floppy xp find it and installs it.Thats without F6.

Thats the best way I found,but woud like to do it all from CD without Floppy.

I have a allmoust perfect unattend XP CD :rolleyes:

thx

I don't have a problem with my tweaked BIOS neither with my RAID.

After i tweaked my mobo bios it works even better.

And i don't have a problem with my 2 80GB stripped Disks on the raid

When i install XP from the original cd, i don't have a problem with F6 and installing my RAID drivers at the beginning of setup.Everything works fine.

The problem is that when i made my unattended cd i can press F6, insert my RAID disk and XP recognizes my controller. the problem is that when setup starts to copy the setup files from the cd, can't find my files from the disk!!!!!!!

This is because you can't install raid/scsi drivers with unattended setup????

I've read that somewhare, so i'm trying to find a way to integrade them.

The link for the drivers i use is : http://www.anycities.com/user/treiber/prom...ixed/230b14.zip

my raid is identified as : FastTrak276_xp="WinXP Promise FastTrak TX2000 Controller (PDC20276)", FastTrak

[SourceDisksFiles]
fasttrak.sys = 1,,,,,,_x,4,1
fasttrak.inf = 1,,,,,,,20,0,0

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275 = "fasttrak"

[SCSI.Load]
fasttrak = fasttrak.sys,4

[SCSI]
fasttrak = "Promise FastTrak TX2000 (tm) Controller (PDC20276)"

I have this in my txtsetup.sif and it works for me with modified drivers.

wow I dont need all that just email me your drivers and I'll add them.

Hi

What do you mean?

I mailed you copy of my *.inf file.

And you asked me what MB I have, because of that I posted it.

What do you need?

There is :

ultra.cat

ultra.inf => allready mailed you the copy

ultra.sys

the other two must be mailed as mail atachmand and I dont have your real mail.

Board mail doesnt allow atachmants!

Just for Info I dont use my raid controler for Raid!!!!

I`m using it as ATA133/UDMA6!!!

And you have allready my controler included in your IDE_RAID folder packed in driver.cab you posted.

The point is, it doesnt work for me at boot - XP doesnt find my HD`s !

My quastion is how to fool xp to recognise my HD`s at boot on ATA133(Raid controler)without F6 or floppy.

thx

[SourceDisksFiles]
fasttrak.sys = 1,,,,,,_x,4,1
fasttrak.inf = 1,,,,,,,20,0,0

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_5275 = "fasttrak"

[SCSI.Load]
fasttrak = fasttrak.sys,4

[SCSI]
fasttrak = "Promise FastTrak TX2000 (tm) Controller (PDC20276)"

I have this in my txtsetup.sif and it works for me with modified drivers.

I'll try that, thanks....!!!!! :)

I don't have a problem with my tweaked BIOS neither with my RAID.

After i tweaked my mobo bios it works even better.

And i don't have a problem with my 2 80GB stripped Disks on the raid

When i install XP from the original cd, i don't have a problem with F6 and installing my RAID drivers at the beginning of setup.Everything works fine.

The problem is that when i made my unattended cd i can press F6, insert my RAID disk and XP recognizes my controller. the problem is that when setup starts to copy the setup files from the cd, can't find my files from the disk!!!!!!!

This is because you can't install raid/scsi drivers with unattended setup????

I've read that somewhare, so i'm trying to find a way to integrade them.

The link for the drivers i use is : http://www.anycities.com/user/treiber/prom...ixed/230b14.zip

my raid is identified as : FastTrak276_xp="WinXP Promise FastTrak TX2000 Controller (PDC20276)", FastTrak

url is bad and I already have driver for that include in my droivers cab unless you vender has changfed the id strings which is why generic lines alike abovbe dont always work. Those do work on my hardware however.

MY email is bah at webmedic dot net. for those that need it.

as for not needing lal that all that I need is the inf file for most drivers to add them.

@djus sorry I jsut got back to were I can add them I take one day off a week and yesterday was it.