running a .bat file from WPI

I made an unattended installation of office 2003 and I included it in the WPI disk so I can have it installed, the problem is that the office installation has to be run by a bat file which calls the setup.exe transforming the Unnatended.mst file so it can run. If I run the .bat file manually it works, if I call it through the WPI it won't... :huh: I have no clue why...

here is the .bat file:

ECHO.
ECHO Installing Office 2003 Professional
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

any ideas? I repeat: if a double click on the bat file it will install the office...

thanks

you know office 2003 dosnt have to be run from a .bat file a cmd file or any other file in order to install it,, wpi will handle the command

setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

just fine,, i run office 2003 from wpi and i have been doing it for a few years now with every version of wpi,

also if you really insist on running your batch file,, just rename your extension from .bat to a regular .cmd file,, it works the same

Edited by Lost Soul

@gbmolina,

Your method with the .bat should work also, it just doesn't know where to find Unattended.MST...you should be able to point it with a relative path or change your working directory to where your setup.exe and Unattended.MST live within your .bat and keep the command as is.