Vista Unattended DefaultGateway and SubnetMask

I am currently using the BDD 2007 3.0.74.0 with Windows System Image Manager 6.0.5600.16384. I am using Windows System Image Manger to create an unattend.xml file that will be used for unattened vista installs. I am looking at the unattened help files and I am amazed that DefaultGatway and SubnetMask is now deprecated. We use static ip settings.

Does anyone else have this same problem. What is really frustating is that you can add the x86_Microsoft-Windows-TCPIP_neutal setting to the Pass 4 specialize but it only gives a unicast IPaddress setting with no gatway and mask. I am just shocked at this.

Yeah,,,like Fizban2 said, use DHCP. Man, i'd go nuts having to do static for a large deployment. I'm shocked that anyone would still use static IP's for a large deployment. Thats partially the reason why DefaultGatway and SubnetMask are depreciated now because the trend is towards DHCP.

Edited by Spooky

Well I learned out to set the subnet mask:

Using the Windows System Image Manager I added the:

x86_Microsoft_Windows_TCPIP to the unattended.xml answer file. For the value of IP address I added the subnet mask to the end

192.168.0.1/24 would give you 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1/16 would give you 255.255.0.0

Now I am working on the gateway which I think is under routes--->NextHopAddress

but when I add the route my vista setup fails I get a install windows error.

Ok,

I got this to work the static IP, subnet mask and default gateway. The <identifier> by default is Local Area Connection but could be somthing else. The IPaddress value with /24 give a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 /16 would give 255.255.0.0 the nexthopipaddress gives the default gateway. The prefix of 0.0.0.0/0 is something that finally got this to work. I was getting setup error before this.

<settings pass="specialize">

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-TCPIP" language="neutral" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<Interfaces>

<Interface>

<Identifier>Local Area Connection</Identifier>

<Ipv4Settings>

<DhcpEnabled>false</DhcpEnabled>

</Ipv4Settings>

<UnicastIpAddresses>

<IpAddress wcm:keyValue="1">192.168.0.1/24</IpAddress>

</UnicastIpAddresses>

<Routes>

<Route wcm:action="add">

<Identifier>0</Identifier>