OS CD problem with nLite?

RaVeWiThMe

hi...noob here and this is my first time trying to customize my own cd...well here's my problem...i have windows media center sp2 but it doesnt come with an OS CD...when I bought my computer, it started right up without any cd and it asked me to backup 2 CD. One was a RECOVERY MEDIA KIT CD (contains applications for windows) and the other was SYSTEM RECOVERY CD. I am not sure which CD is the OS one but I assume its the RECOVERY MEDIA KIT, so when I started nLite and directed the "Windows installation" to the cd, a box shows up saying "Make sure the selected folder or drive contains 'i386'... but I do have a i386 folder on the cd...What's the deal?...sorry for the long description...thanks

post-114798-1162692840_thumb.jpg

hi RaVeWiThMe! i think i know which cds you are talking about ... :) your pc vendor in most likelihood did not send you anymore an OS cd since there is an image in your hdd for PC restore ... likewise, there is a utility to create those SRCDs (system recovery discs) that you can run from your system too ... i would suggest you call them & request for it (that is if you did not receive 1) :P

nothing came with my computer. I have a SONY VGC-RB50 with WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER 2005. I bought it brand new so there's no chance of the items being lost by a private seller. The only CD's I have is the backup cds. One is the SYSTEM RECOVERY and the other is RECOVERY MEDIA KIT. Anyone know a way around this? What if I download a cracked OS version of WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER of WINDOWS PRO with a working key? Will that work? Thanks