Does anybody know how to slipstream ie7 into XP-SP2-CD?

AlBundy33

Unforutnately IE7 final does not support the integrate switch but update.exe (inside ie7-setup.exe) supports the integrate switch.

Does anybody know how to enable the integrate-switch or how to slipstream IE7 into XP-SP2-CD?

Thanks

Al

Unforutnately IE7 final does not support the integrate switch but update.exe (inside ie7-setup.exe) supports the integrate switch.

Does anybody know how to enable the integrate-switch or how to slipstream IE7 into XP-SP2-CD?

Thanks

Al

nlite does that.

I already tried nlite - but with the integration xp-setup crashes with the error, that not enoughe memory is available (only tested in VMware). :}

Because I don't know what nLite really does with the IE-install I'm looking for a manual solution to integrate IE7.

Al

I already tried nlite - but with the integration xp-setup crashes with the error, that not enoughe memory is available (only tested in VMware). :}

Because I don't know what nLite really does with the IE-install I'm looking for a manual solution to integrate IE7.

Al

Wait for RyanVM Addons :D

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?...22f0a29d8aa31b3

• 6 months later...

nLite will currently slipstream IE7 into XPSP2.

However, it tends to put long file names (not 8.3) in your i386 folder. If you're using a DOS-based unattended install, this can be a bad bad thing without $$rename.txt...

Only the nlite can do it at this time... T he error is about your system not ie7 integration. Perhaps you

system dos't capapable with ie7. or you have not meet requirment(disk space, free memory, CPU, etc....) of ie7.

I second that one.

I've used it on my last two install CD's (I usually make one per month). Works just fine!! :thumbup

You can stick the 'Official' IE7 onto your CD with nLite as well. I've used it, and it works just fine. But first startup/login usually takes longer. Plus, it doesn't always install the IE7 updates. :no:

• 2 weeks later...

Al

When you are creatng the unattended through nlite, choose the option to ignore the minimum memory or harddrive requirements. It is in the tweaks section or similar, can't remember exactly were it is.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Al

That will happen if IE6 or Media Player 11 updates are integrated or nLite'd into the install.

• 1 year later...

I'm not so good in English, please don't kill me for that :-)

First, i downloadet Internet Explorer 8 to C:\ and renamed the file to Ie8.exe.

Then i Copy my Xp Corporate Cd (Slipstreamed with Sp3) to C:\Test.

Somewhere on internet i find that Microsoft use a Selfextractfileformat that have a intern filelist in the file and that the Hexbyte 60 00 before the filename tell that just that file should start when the extraction are ready. All other filest start with Hexbyte 20 00.

Well, the startfile in Ie8.exe is Iesetup.exe", the file that is originaly used to upgrade an already installed Windows

I used a Hexeditor and edit the Ie.8.exe so the file "Iesetup.exe" have Hexbyte 20 00 before the filename an so edit the Hexbyte before the file"Update.exe" to 60 00, the file that is originaly used to Integrate the Ie8 into something.

I save the file and write "Ie8.exe /Integrate:c:\test and get a Successed Dialog.

But - When the Xp Innstall are ready copying files and Reboot i get a Error message and then Reboot again before i can read the message.

Can someone help debugging this problem ?

Here is the LogFile Messages:

0.000: Slipstream mode

0.015: Service Pack started with following command line: /integrate:\Test /Log:\

0.218: Package Type: CLASSIC

0.812: GetFileListInformation: Error 0xe0000102 retrieving version information from c:\f9c3e373169378267614\ieuinit.inf

0.812: GetFileListInformation: Error 0xe0000102 retrieving version information about \Test\I386\ieuinit.inf

3.187: Message displayed to the user: Integrated install has completed successfully.

3.187: User Input: OK

3.203: Integrated install has completed successfully.