[Release] Shareaza 2.3.1.0

rado354

Shareaza 2.3.1.0

MD5: 64599B14602815C8154EC793824F4D3A

Information: website

Size: 5.11 MB

Download

Shareaza is a peer-to-peer client for Windows that allows you to download any file-type found on several popular P2P networks. Shareaza is FREE & contains NO Spyware or third-party products.

shareazagrwj4.th.jpg

nJoy :)

Edited by rado354

• 1 year later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New version 2.3.1.0 is out now:

http://shareaza.sourceforge.net/

PLEASE update your website link above Rado. Apparently a company bought out the domain name of shareaza.com and is now remaking their own Shareaza (what they call version 4) and putting out malware, etc using it. It's pretty devious. Do NOT update to version 4 guys!

Edit: Just a note, "Shareaza" version 4 requires you to make an account to use it now, and incidentally, if you look in the email you get as a result of making the account you'll see a link to unsubscribe from further communications from them. If you click that in a non-IE browser, it tells you it cannot continue unless ActiveX is enabled. Talk about shady...

Edit 2: Had the wrong version number in my post. Doh!

Edited by DeTard

Thanks for the quick update Rado!

And yeah I didn't know anything about the domain takeover until today actually. I had even installed version 4 and noticed something was very amiss about the software. It had the same logos and such, but it was NOTHING like the Shareaza I knew. It looked like a cheap ripoff of iTunes, and turned out to be a cheap ripoff of the real Shareaza at the same time. I really hope they get a chance to sue these guys, it really p***es (pardon my language) me off that someone is taking advantage of a non-profit project like this that doesn't even ask for donations (and refuses to take them from my understanding). Ok, done ranting! Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Thanks rado

I've been reading the stuff about the take over at the new shareaza forums, quite disturbing and disgusting the means that companies will go to take over a freeware app. From what I've read about the "New ShareazaV4", besides being fake, violates the open-source license, GPL (Version 2).

Edited by dkrus