Calling all Radeon users

Bachus

naw but then I didn't see it so? All I can say is thanks for your help. I have to admit I do allot of linux stuff also. And quite frankly if there were more like you around windows would be much nicer.

Thanks for all your help with getting things setup correctly. From reading all this it is clear I got lucky as I just started adding things. I have had no issues so far and my video card drivers intall just fine but I'll fix that up right away.

This is also not to mention I have drivers for both nvidia and via chipsets. as well as nvidia and ati video card drivers. Although I dont sell nvidia video cards for obvious reasons(well unless a customer special orders them) caugh caugh CHEATING caugh caugh I do still have a few around.

that is bacuse you install drivers at that time. If you use the method mentionaed above and let the installer determine the drivers by passing the path then you will get this as working right out of the box. wiht no change in screen size.

As soon as you install the ati controle panel though you will get thia again.

I'm wondering if the order in which you type it into winnt.sif has anything to do with it. I have a cd that is suppose to install ati, nvidia, and Nforce drivers. But I have a computer that only would take the nvidia display drivers.

A 1.7ghz pent with a Geforce 3. Right now I have problems getting the new nvidia drivers to be installed. Anyway if the computer would not load those nforce drivers or the ati ones then the order becomes meaningless?

When you create a CD that's designed for multiple computers, you should start with the chipset drivers, lets say for example, VIA, Intel and nForce. They can take up 000, 001 and 002. Next would be Nvidia, ATI and Matrox, which would take 003, 004 and 005 in that order repectively.

For a PC that has an Intel Motherboard and an ATI graphics card, Windows XP Setup will install first from 001 then 004 after.

Spheris will probably tell you more

Yes I know that but the problem is that does it matter about the order if the only driver is going to be the nvidia driver..... Out of only your OEM drivers....

Can someone post an example of their winnt with an nforce motherboard and all numbered..

I assume I will need to rename all the folders where they reside.

well and here is another issue if you are not using updated chipset drivers like you should there could be other issues latter on. You might want to reconsider the way you are doing it. The default chipset drivers in windows xp should not be used if there is a newer version of them available. And if there is a newer version you should only install the video card drivers after the chipset drivers have been installed.