How to save all the Windows settings?

kenneth11zz

Hi All,

Recently I'm trying to figure out how to save the Windows settings after you configure it the way you wanted for two main purposes. One is to reuse the the same setting for a new installation for other computers. Another is for transferring the same setting for a new user account. The minium Windows settings will include: Start Menu and Taskbar, basic Themes and Appearance, Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer, Folder Views for Control Panel and Windows Explorer, any settings you configure in Control Panel > System, and also common hidden settings using Powertoys Tweakui.

Currently, I'm trying to do with it Windows Files and Settings Transfer Wizard and a customized registry file. However, I can only bel able to save 75% of settings to be automated with this two methods. Some of the settings that is not save such as the Control Panel > Visual Effects, Folder Views for Windows Explorer and Control Panels, etc..

Any suggestions? I really appreciate if you have any hints or know any other tools can help ease this setting deployment.

-Kenneth

download active registry monitor than run it after a clean windows installation

make all your prefered settings than run it again than compare with the program the two registry scans and save all the added and changed registry enteries. and that's it you have a reg file containing all your preferences.