Undelete Plus for Windows 98FE/98SE/ME

erpdude8

This piece of sh*t crashed my system. Three BSODs after pressing "scan" button. Then returned to desktop and completely froze :realmad:

No thanks, I'll keep my Recycle Bin.

recyclemh6.png

(I had a bad feeling about this after seeing its size and the fact they seem to be more concerned with how it looks than how it functions...)

(I had a bad feeling about this after seeing its size and the fact they seem to be more concerned with how it looks than how it functions...)

Exactly my thoughts. I tend to use a small app that requires NO installation, called Restoration:

restoration047.png

Download: http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html

Freeware, works on all versions of Windows, FAT/FAT32/NTFS.

edit: and apparently, I had a very old version of it, as seen in the screenshot. Doesn't seem to matter, though, as the screenshot is showing deleted files on an NTFS partition that was formatted in Vista RC2.

Edited by jimmsta

since we're on the subject of hard drives, recovery and whatnot... is there any backup utility that copies the disk structure (not just the files, I mean everything) into a file which can then later be used to restore a previous OS installation. In my case I want to backup my Windows XP hard drive right after I finish installing all of the updates and patches and drivers... That way, when I format my PC and install Windows XP again (which I know I'm going to do in the near future...) I won't have to go through the hassle of installing all of that stuff again... since it will already be installed.

since we're on the subject of hard drives, recovery and whatnot... is there any backup utility that copies the disk structure (not just the files, I mean everything) into a file which can then later be used to restore a previous OS installation. In my case I want to backup my Windows XP hard drive right after I finish installing all of the updates and patches and drivers... That way, when I format my PC and install Windows XP again (which I know I'm going to do in the near future...) I won't have to go through the hassle of installing all of that stuff again... since it will already be installed.
Ghost.

This piece of sh*t crashed my system. Three BSODs after pressing "scan" button. Then returned to desktop and completely froze :realmad:

Works fine for me. What are newer versions for, anyway? :P

Thanks for the link to Restoration guys.

Works fine for me. What are newer versions for, anyway? :P

Thanks for the link to Restoration guys.

a new version of Undelete-Plus (2.2) has been released. the latest version should fix bugs/problems found in previous releases when running it on large HDs under WinME.

Undelete Plus ran okay on my WinXP machines but not on my WinME computer. it always display a "floating point division by zero" error after clicking on Scan when running Undelete Plus under ME. hopefully version 2.2 will work properly under ME.

I might give the Restoration app a try later this month